New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    ser..may customer kami sa kamias, may sarili din siyang shop. they got an expedition at ginawang diesel. gamit nga lang yung diesel din ng ford...not from a japanese engine
    mag kano kaya inabot nya sa convertion at dun sa makina??

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    When LPG kits came about, I wondered if it was possible to install one in an expy. Maybe that's another option instead of diesel conversion?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    get the ford diesels... the new ones... sobra lakas ng torque. d kaya yun dmax diesels... parang pagong cguro un.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've actually seen a Ford E-150 for sale with a diesel... but that was last year pa.

Ford's diesels are huge and will probably give you poor mileage compared to a Japanese diesel, but they would be very easy to transplant... and they're freaking powerful.

I second the Patrol... go for a regular diesel versus a CRDI, as you don't want to deal with too many electronics when swapping engines between different brands. The ECU wiring from the D-Max would be a headache, as you might not be able to find the info online.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cool project yan pare!! why not a kia picanto engine 1.1 liters tipid pa ito for sure your expe will save a lot of gas tapos ang speed nya e 10km /per hour ahhahahah!!!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    cool project yan pare!! why not a kia picanto engine 1.1 liters tipid pa ito for sure your expe will save a lot of gas tapos ang speed nya e 10km /per hour ahhahahah!!!
    bago ka umabot ng 10kmh eh sunog na siguro clutch mo!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    magandang diesel engine for expedition is yun mga engine ng safari (mga 94 model). I think ang safari engine is 4.0 liter diesel. Marami nagbebenta nyan engine sa surplus shop kasi marami nagcoconvert nyan from RHD to LHD. .

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Safari is 4.2 inline 6

Current Patrol is 3.0 inline 4

Ford diesels are not available for their light duty trucks. Yes, the Expedition is part of their 'light duty' line up.

AFAIK, F350 and E350 up ang may diesel option. The Expedition is based on the light duty F150 platform.

The diesel E series vans were never popular here. They were too expensive and the heavy duty underpinnings (for cargo/towing) gives it a very punishing ride.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    This scenario seem familiar! Its a throwback from the high fuel prices of the 70's and 80's when they took out the gas guzzling engine from muscle cars and replaced it with surplus diesels. Most of the muscle cars lasted only for a few years after the transplant until the engines broke down disastrously. Now during restoration, they are putting back the same spec gasoline engines back!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ^Is that to say that the engine won't fit? If the mounting points aren't too far off, it may be easier to swap than a japanese diesel. Of course, from a practical standpoint, the Japanese diesel would still be more practical.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Coverting an Expedition to diesel engine