New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    My wife was driving the other day, and our 2015 Wildtrak (2.2 160hp) just died with the engine light on. It has 36k km on the clock
    We got it back to our local service station, where they said I need to get ford to scan the ECU
    The service guy came out for the standard P6.5k. Scan revealed that it was the CKP sensor. They removed it and tested it and said it seemed to be okay.
    I went back to the house to get a wifi box so that they could go online. Online they found the testing procedure and after 2 hours they gave up and said it was the sensor. I did give them lunch.
    My wife then got a call from them to say it would be P10k to tow it (129km) to their garage, P20k for the sensor and there would be additional labor costs which they were unable to give at that time.
    I asked them what the part number was, and the reply was their manager does not allow them to give out part number. This I find unethical, and maybe illegal under consumer law.
    I have been informed that the part should cost in the region of P3-5k.
    Has any other users here had issues with their CKP sensor?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    try everest garage or mon ford. marami naman 3rd party shops that can repair these rangers and everests.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    As far as I can see the part number is 2011482

Most online in Europe are quoting €20 approx for genuine ford part. That is P1,200 or so.

Am I missing something?

fb4bdc34-7f5e-410d-b283-1af193be4088.jpg

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by boopolo View Post
    As far as I can see the part number is 2011482

Most online in Europe are quoting €20 approx for genuine ford part. That is P1,200 or so.

Am I missing something?

fb4bdc34-7f5e-410d-b283-1af193be4088.jpg
    Yes, you're held hostage, sir. Grab the Genuine part & FORscan online. Crank position sensor isn't a difficult DIY.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Yes, you're held hostage, sir. Grab the Genuine part & FORscan online. Crank position sensor isn't a difficult DIY.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    You are right. I had already planned to buy a console, but I think a ELM327 OBD2 USB adapter with ForScan is a better option, so I ordered it

Will order the part tomorrow

If you are watching Mr Bertrand Lessard, your plan to rid your company of rouge dealers has failed.

Here is the 20k part in Europe: GENUINE FORD TRANSIT MK7 MK8 TOURNEO CUSTOM RANGER 2.2 TDCI D CRANKSHAFT SENSOR | eBay

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Taga talaga ang Ford. Kinakabahan tuloy ako as I have also a Ford Ranger XLT 3.2L. Tapos it already failed at 35,000 kms?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Taga talaga ang Ford. Kinakabahan tuloy ako as I have also a Ford Ranger XLT 3.2L. Tapos it already failed at 35,000 kms?
    2.2L? anong nag fail?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    2.2L? anong nag fail?
    StockEngine and Crank Positioning Sensor.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    MonFord highly recommended

10. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    I bought a scanner plug for forescan laptop. It has MS CAN & HS CAN switch
    Only fault showing is Code P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor
    My friend is coming back from overseas next week and he can check the 'square wave' pattern, but I ordered the port from Europe for 50 euro including fast shipping.
    I have a second car, so not so much of a hurry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast