New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=4]DOE rubber-stamps Ford Fiesta's frugal 19 km/L run[/SIZE]
    Words by Christopher Kho

Since its launch a year ago, Ford has badged its fun-loving little Fiesta with the words “fuel efficient.” But with no official numbers to back-up the claim, we couldn't quite put our finger on how “fuel efficient” this small car really is. Now, as it celebrates is 1st birthday in the Philippines, the blue oval brand finally gets to put its foot where its mouth is.

In a recent fuel economy run supervised by the Department of Energy (DOE), four of Ford's Fiesta's set out to prove just how fuel-frugal they can be. The challenge was to take a 700-kilometer expedition from Balintawak to Vigan and back on a single tank of gas. With the DOE keeping a watchful eye, all four Fiesta's were inspected, and its hoods, lift gates, and fuel gates were officially sealed before setting off.

Each Fiesta carried on-board a driver and navigator, driving at normal conditions with the windows closed and aircon switched-on at speed “1” throughout the trip. Running at average speeds of 40 to 80 km/h depending on traffic conditions, the team traversed on highway roads from Manila to Vigan to Pampanga via the NLEX. And for the record, all four tires on each vehicle were pumped to the manufacture-recommended 32 psi....

click to continue: DOE rubber-stamps Ford Fiesta's frugal 19 km/L run
    DOE rubber-stamps Ford Fiesta's frugal 19 km/L run

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Ang hirap gawin nito. Hypermilling the whole round trip??!!! Iniisip ko pa lang sumasakit na right ankle ko.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yung sa jazz diba 34km/l?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Itong 19m/L ng Fiesta maniniwala pa ako. 34km/L on a Jazz. Oh please! Ano yan? Motorsiklo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Itong 19m/L ng Fiesta maniniwala pa ako. 34km/L on a Jazz. Oh please! Ano yan? Motorsiklo?
    unfortunately, the drivers were using hypermiling techniques to get the most distance per kilometer... so results should be taken with a grain of salt.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    kung kaya nung nagdrive. kaya din naten. :-) (dont know how,hehehe)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually I will be part of a Ford Fiesta eco-run along with some media people. So I will have a first hand experience if this can be done nga...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Actually I will be part of a Ford Fiesta eco-run along with some media people. So I will have a first hand experience if this can be done nga...
    Good luck! ... 60 to 80 kph ... no aircon allowed... windows closed.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think aircon will be allowed, that 19km/L by the DOE test was with aircon... Pero as for the speed mukang ganyan nga lang.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    May difference ba sa FC kung ano setting ng fan speed ng A/C? Diba fan motor lang yun, kesa nasa 1 yun o 4, ganun din andar ng compressor?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
CAR NEWS: DOE rubber-stamps Ford Fiesta's frugal 19 km/L run