New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Ford Group Philippines mother company will not allow a dealership to sell a media test unit, factory test unit or damaged vehicle as brand new. They themselves will sell it at auction... and even then, if they can't guarantee that the vehicle will be reasonably trouble-free or even maintainable, they still won't sell it at that auction. (this is from asking if I could buy the Ford Ecosport a while back... FGP wouldn't sell it to me!)

I've memorized some of the plate numbers for Ford media units, and I actually see them advertised on the market or in "Buy and Sell" secondhand... not brand new.

If the dealership is selling a flood-damaged reconditioned unit, you can forward your complaint to the mother unit, Ford Group Philippines, and find out if the unit was indeed delivered to Ford Libis prior to Ondoy. Though if it really was flood damaged, the fuel gauge would be the least of your worries... the entire instrument panel would be non-functional, at the very least. (not the sender unit, since the unit inside the fuel tank won't be affected by water in the tank)

But again, the usual case is "three strikes, you're out" and the problem has to be such that you cannot use the vehicle safely. In this instance... a non-functional fuel gauge may just count... since you cannot run the vehicle without the assurance that it will not run out of diesel. But it has to be on record that the vehicle was brought in a third time and the problem was not fixed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    thanks guys for all the advice...
    we have already drafted our demand letter and have forwarded to our lawyer/friend.
    even if we can't have the unit replaced, at least we want it to have general check-up from other Ford branch so we can have peace of mind driving it.
    we will also demand for them to shoulder incidentals that the problem brought to us.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    never yan papalitan ng bagong unit. aayusin lng ng aayusin. naexperience ko na yan sa ford expedition ko ang dami defects, tungkol sa makina kaso ang sagot lng nila sa akin ganun lng daw un. binenta ko na lng after 2yrs.
    kaya nangyari sa akin dahil pinadeliver ko lng ung expe ko gabi pa dumating kaya next day ko lng talaga nacheck maiigi.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Years ago my ninong's brother bought a Lynx which turned out to be a lemon unit, naturally, he demanded his money back or a brand new replacement unit. Of course the dealer (forgot which dealer) gave him the run around. In the end, he went to another Ford dealer and pretended to be very interested to buy a Lynx and asked a lot of questions regarding the warranty, the exact words of the agent was "papalitan natin yan sir if ever defective unit ang makuha nyo" upon hearing those words, he had the agent say those words again and had it on record kaya in the end, he got a replacement unit.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Years ago my ninong's brother bought a Lynx which turned out to be a lemon unit, naturally, he demanded his money back or a brand new replacement unit. Of course the dealer (forgot which dealer) gave him the run around. In the end, he went to another Ford dealer and pretended to be very interested to buy a Lynx and asked a lot of questions regarding the warranty, the exact words of the agent was "papalitan natin yan sir if ever defective unit ang makuha nyo" upon hearing those words, he had the agent say those words again and had it on record kaya in the end, he got a replacement unit.
    Hahaha... good tactic, that.

If you're not satisfied with the service of your casa... you can always go elsewhere...

Actually, I'm surprised that the TS bought at Ford Libis... Ford Alabang has excellent sales reps... though I don't know how their service is now... my favorite advisor left a few years ago.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    you just have to know how to play your cards i have refunded a 2 lemon cars in less than 2 years different brand and models

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Care to elaborate how?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Looks like there a lot of problem regarding brand new car of different brand . Looks like theres a problem on quality control before they release the vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    got mine last year ! 3 months after ''ONDOY'' bearly a year old pa lg pero dami na ng rust....sobrang itim pa ng emision nya.......i religiously comply naman with the service apointments pero d naman nila ma tanto kung ano talaga.....yun lg ka inis kasi pag bumibili ka daming promises pero pag na sayo na ang unit ma kokonsumi ka........

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Iyon nga problema magaling silang magbenta pero pag may sira na dapat maasikaso rin sila para hindi madala buyer .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Can i return a defective everest