New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I am thinking of acquiring a 2000-2001 model for myself an I just wanted to ask what kind of milleage in terms of liters/km do you guys get on your rides?

Also do all Explorer sportracs come with a V6 engine? Kasi kung V6 lahat mukhang gas guzzler like the F-150. Meron bang smaller engine displacement? haha.

Lastly, if ever i do get the explorer mahirap ba i-maintain?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    All I can say is: get used to casa prices. And yes, the Explorer comes with a six pot, but it's an inline-six, not a V6. And it's a thirsty one, but power is pretty good.

The cabin is relatively comfortable, and while the bed is small, there is a cage-like bed-extender that brings it out to a decent size with the tailgate down. The 2001 only has a leaf spring rear, so handling isn't as good as the current Explorer SUV.

It's a nice car, but not the most practical pick-up out there.
    Last edited by niky; August 2nd, 2006 at 02:21 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yeah look for something with a Turbo Diesel specifically CRDi VGT. Mas practical High-tech Diesel engines ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    All I can say is: get used to casa prices. And yes, the Explorer comes with a six pot, but it's an inline-six, not a V6. And it's a thirsty one, but power is pretty good.

The cabin is relatively comfortable, and while the bed is small, there is a cage-like bed-extender that brings it out to a decent size with the tailgate down. The 2001 only has a leaf spring rear, so handling isn't as good as the current Explorer SUV.

It's a nice car, but not the most practical pick-up out there.
    The sport trac has a 4.0L V6, not an in-line 6. There are no sport tracs with an in-line 6. And not all sport tracs have the cargo cage bed extender.

Expect 4km/liter metro manila driving.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... when I read my post up there again, I realized that. Thanks for the correction.

Yes, the extender isn't standard, but it's a good item to option. But even with the extender, there isn't as much utility as in a full-sized bed.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just got one that is in really good condition. Yes, it's one thirsty mother. To say it does 4km/liter is quite accurate. I've been reviewing the service records given to me by the past owner and it seems that getting used to the casa prices will take some really deep breaths. But, hey, I'm loving it...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by direky View Post
    Just got one that is in really good condition. Yes, it's one thirsty mother. To say it does 4km/liter is quite accurate. I've been reviewing the service records given to me by the past owner and it seems that getting used to the casa prices will take some really deep breaths. But, hey, I'm loving it...
    I have a 2003 Explorer, 1st owned, now milage is 100.000km.
    Gas milage is about 5.5 - 6.5 km/l and on long trips I have had it up to 8km/l - once only with featherweight food. This is in the province, so traffic can't be compared to Manila.

The ride improves a lot if you install aftermarket shocks, I use the 'Old Man Emu' shocks, they are available in Manila - the car is much more stable on especially bumpy roads.

All Sport tracs are leafspring cars, the new Explorer SUV is a totally different car and can't be compared.

My only complaint on the Sport Trac is the lousy service and the high spare part prices we get at the Ford Dealerships.

May I know how much the cost of 2000-2002 model.

Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by awing View Post
    May I know how much the cost of 2000-2002 model.

Thanks.
    If you search this place you will find them from around 500.000 php and up.

Here is a good looking black 2002 model for 520t:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/auto-classif...&cat=10&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Picamaro View Post
    If you search this place you will find them from around 500.000 php and up.

Here is a good looking black 2002 model for 520t:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/auto-classif...&cat=10&page=1
    Thanks.

Its too much for my budget.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Calling all Explorer Sportrac owners!!