New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is it because of the 'Mazda' engine?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it would have been higher if it were a ford with a ford engine or mazda with a mazda engine. siguro lang ah... :wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bago pa lang kasi Ford Ranger sa Phil. market. To have a high resale value kailangan matagal at subok na siya. In time tataas di resale value niya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think being a Mazda is only one of the factors. Although there's nothing bad about being a Mazda, I guess iba lang talaga ang perception natin sa ganyan esp. since Mazdas were never marketed on exclusivity or panache. They were even sold alongside Kias. Hehehe.

Another factor could be the Ranger's lack of style (early models). A Strada or Frontier is easily more 'pogi' than a Ranger. The Ranger also didn't use a high-rider chassis like the Strada, Frontier or Hi-Lux. So hindi talaga ganun kalakas ang dating niya.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The lower resale value is not only with the Ranger but with the Lynx, Expedition, and F150 trucks as well...

Amongst some probable factors:
    - It could be because Ford is still a new player (relatively) and has to prove itself in the midst of the established Jap competition.
    - aftermarket parts and service outside of the dealership is not as extensive as the other mainstream Jap cars.
    - Quality (perceived or otherwise). From experience, i find American cars (SUVs to be exact) to lack a certain solid feel and look after a few years. They seem to get old in design faster then Japs.

Another point to look at is that American cars usually have a lower resale value then Japs in general...

My .002

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsk tsk kung alam lang nila ang torque power ng ranger

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hmm..sir kimps..di nila talaga alam un..:mrgreen:

sabi kahapon ng Service Advisor ko sa Ford..

maglalabas na rin sila ng Mazda products..

some cars and Mazda TRIBUTE..!!8O nagulat ako..tribute..inggit ako..:cry:

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    So anong major differences nung Tribute sa Escape ? Alam ko these two vehicles are almost identical...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yon katabi ko sa parking mazda b2200 since 1994 daily use sa construction business no problem. never needed an overhaul.

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    some people think (including me) it really depends on how the banks see the market for a particular make of vehicles...tulad ng sinabi roydok and vinj.

for too long a time, Nissan sedans resale values were lower than Toyotas. ewan ko lang kong totoo pa ba yan dahil sa dami na ng nissan ngayon....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
bakit parang mababa RESALE VALUE ng Ford Rangers?