New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    January 12, 2008
    Mr. Richie S. Xavier
    Ford Global City

Your website seemed to have been hacked so I faxed this just in case my email does not reach you.
    To: info*fordglobalcity.com
    Cc: fipwebph*ford.com
    Subject: Focus on the Customer
    Dealer: Ford Global City
    Refs: Customer # 29376 and OR # AZ5427 dtd 09/01/08

(Instead of writing this email I'd rather watch TV)

02 Jan - visited showroom. AD: - New Focus 100kph in I forgot how many seconds.
    03 Jan - Test drive and ordered 1 unit. Paid reservation fee.
    08 Jan - Unit arrived at dealer
    09 Jan - Cash paid the unit. Applied for insurance 11am but could not insure since record not yet with LTO. INFORMED THE SALESMAN the problem. Promised.
    10 Jan - Unit delivered. Promised again.
    11 Jan - Salesman txted. Promised again.
    - 1600h - Called up office of Mr Xavier. Secretary promised to give feedback.

I could not use the car without the insurance and I have to recall my other car which I gave to my daughter.

It is stupid but I still wonder why it is taking this long for a big company with so many cars to bring the document to LTO.

I was promised also by the parts department to be informed when parts for my Escape is available (2 items with parts and 1 item with accessories) but this is a minor matter. Maybe it is not yet available, and the 2 to 3 days was just a promise.

Also Ford was able to contact me both on PLDT and cel when my Lynx and Escape were due for maintenance.

Additionally, it will help if there is sufficient fuel for maybe one day use so that I can be at ease in traffic when I gas up for the first time.

If you check your records I have contributed to your revenues and did not expect to be bothered at all.
    I promised my wife that we go to church and have the new car blessed, now I also break my promise. She can not understand why.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    matagal talaga magpadala ng papers ang mga car companies sa LTO. hindi lang ford. honda at toyota matagal din. sometimes its the car company's fault. sometimes its the LTO's fault.

clarify ko lang: "cash paid the unit." you bought the unit cash (eg. not as a car loan) or you paid the downpayment in cash (eg. cold hard cash and not via check payments)? afaik kasi, almost all cars na lumalabas ng casa naka-compre insurance na. saves the dealer the trouble kung sakaling may maging problema ang sasakyan in the first year of ownership.

but if you're really in a hurry, you can most probably pay some guy to bring the records to the LTO. maliit na fee lang naman yan i'm sure. para maging parang special delivery. otherwise, kadalasan, hinihintay ng LTO liaison ng car company na "mapuno" ang queue niya before going to the LTO para tipid sa travel time (parang sa jeepney).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    fully paid (in cash) na cya...

talaga, pahihintayin ka ng "LTO liason nila"? sobrahan naman ata nun

we chose to have the car insured in AFP, un nga lang mahigpit pla cla ngayon...

anyway, thanks for the reply

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by noelhingco View Post
    fully paid (in cash) na cya...

talaga, pahihintayin ka ng "LTO liason nila"? sobrahan naman ata nun

we chose to have the car insured in AFP, un nga lang mahigpit pla cla ngayon...

anyway, thanks for the reply
    ok. i kinda figured that if it was a car loan, the car company wouldn't want to release the vehicle without compre insurance (in the event something happens to the car), but since you bought it cash, then that would be another story altogether. i guess your best bet is to keep nagging their "LTO liaison" (short of giving him some extra cash to expedite matters).

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    i experienced this one at nissan qc ave. also. di ko na maalala yung promise nila kung kailan ilalabas na yung papers from nissan laguna. nakalimutan ko yung name ng document. unit was also paid in full. took them more than 2 weeks for that document pwera pa yung lakad nila sa LTO. nagapologize naman yung in charge.

Baka puede mo gawin, pay Ford the insurance in cash, then tell them that if they can't deliver the insurance right away, you're still start using your vehicle, at pag me nangyari aksidente, sila bahala mag ayos (sa insurance, or cthey can do the repair by themselves). Kung sa church lang kasi, di naman siguro ma carnap vehicle mo. Just to please the wifey, of course.

Ang Bagal ng Ford