New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Baka kasi same case ng Bridestone issue before. If this happened in the US, sure lawsuit na kasi.
    IIRC it was Firestone.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Tire blowouts with SUVs is really such a beast. I've had blowouts with both my civic and Pajero. In the civic, just keep neutral and coast it till it's slow enough,don't apply brake pressure. In the Pajero, you do the same but the whole thing will keep fighting you till the end. It will want to pull you too the side but if you put too much counterpressure in the steering wheel and it will snap quickly to the opposite direction. I guess that's the same case with the expedition.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ So tama pala yung hindi dapat mag-bbrake kapag pumutok yung gulong? Baka dun sa Expedition, full brake agad tapos ayun na...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    na-experience ko din masabugan ng gulong sa slex, dala ko volks na van, buti na lang di ako nag-brake... bale parang sinunod ko lang yung manibela, di ko kinontra till makatabi ako...

eto pa, datingan ang goon squad ng slex, may tow truck, kung di daw namin mapalitan agad yung gulong e i-tow daw yung van tapos singilin kami ng 2k petot! wtf!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang alam lang ng imbestigador dito ay mag judge who is at fault based on vehicle's final position. Which is dumb if you do not take into account, speed, direction of travel, road conditions,etc. With the advent of dashcams, napapahiya na ibang investigators.

For a vehicle with such an intact body structure, it is safe to assume that the passengers were not buckled up during the crash. Who sits in the back and buckles up? Apparently very few based on crash scenes we have responded to.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ So tama pala yung hindi dapat mag-bbrake kapag pumutok yung gulong? Baka dun sa Expedition, full brake agad tapos ayun na...
    Yes dont brake. Thats how the staffers of car and driver survived a 179mph blow out back in the 80's. Just coast to a slower speed before engaging brakes.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    For a vehicle with such an intact body structure, it is safe to assume that the passengers were not buckled up during the crash. Who sits in the back and buckles up? Apparently very few based on crash scenes we have responded to.
    Time to start upgrading the kids' training. They buckle up on highway drives. Guess they have to start buckling up even on trips to SM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    sir its the 24th week of 2004
    That's June 2004, change your tires. The expiration is 5 years.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Time to start upgrading the kids' training. They buckle up on highway drives. Guess they have to start buckling up even on trips to SM.
    Good, make it a point to buckle the seat belts no matter the distance.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    My aunts were advising my doctor brother and his doctor wife to get a child seat for their six month old infant since they have to travel from Quezon province to Quezon city. The child still sits on the mom's lap until now.

Getting people to buckle up is not as hard today as it was when I started driving. Back then, some passengers didn't even know where the belt latches to and some were putting the diagonal sash of the belt under their armpits (dangerous)! Dangerous na nga, may chance pang magka-putok (B.O.) yung seatbelt.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast