New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    sir its the 24th week of 2004
    oops... I was in a hurry when I typed it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    dami nila sa sasakyan

mabigat. baka over-inflated ang gulong, tapos mainit -- boom!

If the tires were not old, they wouldn't blow out.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Ako pang long drives and full pax + bags 33-35psi ang tires ko. Okay lang ba to?
    ok na ok ito sa ating mga sedan. gawain ko rin ito.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    So Niky, if ever I`ll be going on a long drive.. and for example the suggested TP is 30psi what is the max pressure I can inflate the tires with without compromising safety? Plus 2psi lang ba = 32psi ?
    Door stickers are based on what the manufacturer wants. In the old days, fhey were low because manufacturers were biased towards ride comfort. But studies later proved that these pressures may have been too low... Again, Firestone scandal. Ford's door stickers were 28 psi on the Explorer... The Firestones were not safe below 33.

Door stickers should be your minimum. For a full load, the maximum sidewall pressure indicates the pressure at which loading capacity no longer increases. In other words, no benefits in going beyond this point, unless you're a hypermiling geek.

I usually inflate to full load door sticker pressure or slightly below, then adjust for comfort or adjust higher if it's still comfortable. Mind you, many modern cars have door stickers recommending 33, 35 or even over 40 psi, which is beyond max sidewall of some older tires... But again, max sidewall is not bursting pressure.
    Last edited by niky; May 23rd, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If the tires were not old, they wouldn't blow out.
    yup and i think yung sinabi ni niky baka underinflated. the sidewall could be rubbing on the pavement. heat buildup then boom!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    too early to blame the tires until a comprehensive investigation of road condition, vehicle speed, vehicle condition ( wheel alignment, suspension system condition) whichever happened first should be the deciding factor. most probably tire number four (the right rear tire- judging from the description) was the tire that blew up. did it blow up after impact with the railing or did it explode causing the vehicle to hit the railing and roll over? study the skid marks, point of impact, severity of the impact, the distance from point of impact to the vehicle's last position. before the full qualified traffic accident investigation by qualified personnel is done, everything else is hearsay and speculation

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    comprehensive investigation?

here in the Philippines?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It was running bling bling rims. Wonder what tires were on them. Not blaming, just wondering. Rims was also shattered. Not sure if they are JWL T standard. The stock rims arent also so I guess its moot to speculate. But stock rims are designed to conform to stricter standards than aftermarket ones especially in our region.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Worse kung bling rims running on car tires not rated for the weight of the vehicle. Eye opener sa akin when we went to a big tire shop in Libis looking for Revo tires and they wouldn't sell us the car tires with the tread pattern we wanted. May weight ratings din pala ang tires so we got the 8-ply. Mas mahal nga lang pero more peace of mind.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    inability of our highway patrol group to do traffic accidents is a shame. for sure we know, most of them are "kotong" experts, are there at least a few who just graduated from the course who might still remember how to do it? so much for the remote possibility of a qualified report, how about the four survivors' testimony as to the last few seconds before impact?
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; May 23rd, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast