Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm...:wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but then again... it could be a poison letter from your jap auto companies... :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    American cars in general, not just Ford, used to have issues with quality/reliabilty. But I believe they're getting better. I never considered buying an American car though I don't close my door on it. I only consider Hondas and Toyotas. I had a Nissan once [van] and wasn't satisfied with it so I sold it. I personally choose Hondas/Toyotas due to their good names/reputation. In every car [brand] there is a lemon. But at least with a reputable name, you'll have higher percentage that you'll get a quality car. Some people naman prefer looks and don't really care about the brand. Here in the US, a lot of Americans are either Ford or Chevy guys. I've seen my co-workers at one time getting at it dahil lang doon. Ask a Ford guy, and he'll tell you there's nothing wrong with them.

F-O-R-D First On Repair Day
    F-O-R-D Found On The Road Dead.
    * just got these from a Chevy guy...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hmm... basta ang alam ko sa mga american cars mga gas-guzzlers eh. malalaki kasi makina eh. nakakaintriga yang post na yan sa motoringzone ah. makapag-research din nga. :lol:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My cousin's motto: "DONT BUY DOMESTIC!" :twisted:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga e, medyo mababa yun review sa ibang models nila like the escape. dami daw problems and the engine stalls...

http://www.carreview.com/pscAutomobiles/SUV/PLS_1524crx.aspx

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    but then again... it could be a poison letter from your jap auto companies... :mrgreen:
    well...the author of that post really hates ford. so it's useless to argue with that guy. ford is the most popular brand in automotive industry worldwide. GM is the no. 1 car maker but it's single most popular brand can't match ford's popularity.

check these links and you'll find how bad other brabds are:

http://www.footelaw.com/cases.asp?category=5

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    good thing Ford bought into Mazda. japs can teach the yanks a thing or two about quality. driving in Oregon for example, you'll see the road swamped with Japanese imports, go figure :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i wanna give you guys my advice about ford SUVs or any american made suvs. Dont buy them! yes they look nice and i found out that nagiging sikat na diyan. Do some research on the net and you will find out that you will get a lot of horror stories about this vehicles.
    1.) low quality composition of the metals used on the engine and motor auxillaries.
    2.) weight of the vehicles in regards to the center of gravity. very prone to tip overs
    3.) doesnt give any mile for the buck and the milage gets worst when the vehicle get's older.
    4.) this vehicle can get easily get stolen (karnap!) because of the simple design of the electrical system so that means any anti theft system is useless.
    5.) you can test it yourself, you can pry open your door especially on the windows to get access to the lock mechanism it is so easy.
    6.) airconditioning system sucks! rapidly degrades after just a few months of use even if it is brand new

the thing is they greatly sacrificed the quality of the vehicle to save cost of manufacturing. Because of strict labor laws and taxation so that why the are mo concerned over their overheads.
    If you can afford to buy a ford explorer or a yukon or blazer etc etc.. you are better off with a mercedez or a honda or any japanese and european car.
    i am posting this thread because my shop is tired of handling complaints about clients because their newly purchased vrhicles are giving them a hard time. these are my clients for here in the US and abroad. My establishment is wasting money on warranties alone. Trust me on this because i had shipped 600 of this vehicles to the philippines. this is the only reasons why i posted this topic and nothing else.
    For me this Detroit manufacturers are scamming you for the quality of their vehicles that are not there.
    if you dont believe me do some research and you will find out that i am right.
    aray.. :?

hmm..most SUV's are really prone to roll-over.

accdg to the Escape-Central.com members..there are only 2-3 members who really does have problems with their cars but to the rest are just fine..

yes..every brands has one-two lemon car.

i dunno bout here in the Phil. i got no problem with my car..except those due to my off-roading..hehe.. :twisted:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
About Ford