New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Spy pics of the next gen 2018 Fiesta.

-Autoblog

Grille looks like an inverted Focus grille. Happier face?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Finally its got character, its no astonmartin afterall.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd want the new Fiesta to have the 1.5L Ecoboost engine used on the Focus/Escape. Something more subtle than the 200PS Fiesta ST.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Looks much larger than the current cramped Fiesta. [emoji1303]

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I'd want the new Fiesta to have the 1.5L Ecoboost engine used on the Focus/Escape. Something more subtle than the 200PS Fiesta ST.
    Very unlikely for a 1.5 Turbo to sell. The 1.0 Turbo sold very little, the 1.5 will be pricier and hot hatches have never been a thing here in the PH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Very unlikely for a 1.5 Turbo to sell. The 1.0 Turbo sold very little, the 1.5 will be pricier and hot hatches have never been a thing here in the PH.

There is already a number of Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost on the streets. Ford PH even released a view in sedan form. Some owners just drive them lazily when it feels more at home being driven hard.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

There is already a number of Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost on the streets. Ford PH even released a few in sedan form. Some owners just drive them lazily when it feels more at home being driven hard.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    There is already a number of Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost on the streets. Ford PH even released a few in sedan form. Some owners just drive them lazily when it feels more at home being driven hard.
    Yes bro of course there are buyers of the 1.0 (like you). But in the grand scheme of things, very few (775 total Fiestas sold, lagging behind the Yaris, Mazda 2, and Jazz).

The 1.5 has worse FC than the 1.0, and that matters more to most buyers than the extra 50 hp.

If the 1.5 was really in demand, more people should be buying the 1.1M Focus which is the cheapest 170+ hp car you can buy.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Fiesta sales were really hurt due to the TCM issues. Even with the updated TCM, a lot of people have great doubts on its reliability. My friend who owns a Focus 1.5L Ecoboost only gets around 5.5 to 6 km/L on his daily route (Antipolo-Ortigas). His FC averages are just about the same as my Forester XT. It's OK with him as his old B14 with SR16VE was not that far off in FC.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In Europe there is a 140PS version of the 1.0 EcoBoost.

I'd like a 140PS 1.0 EcoBoost Fiesta with a manual transmission, sadly that's something we may not see in South East Asia.

*The current gen Fiesta ST is the last to use the old 1.6 EcoBoost, an engine which my guess is will die out after the current gen Fiesta production ends.
    Most 1.6 EcoBoost models have been updated with a 1.5 EcoBoost.

^^^ Fiesta sales were really hurt due to the TCM issues. Even with the updated TCM, a lot of people have great doubts on its reliability. My friend who owns a Focus 1.5L Ecoboost only gets around 5.5 to 6 km/L on his daily route (Antipolo-Ortigas). His FC averages are just about the same as my Forester XT. It's OK with him as his old B14 with SR16VE was not that far off in FC.
    The EcoSport was the one that ate into the sales of the Fiesta. The EcoSport uses the same PowerShift transmission as the facelifted Fiesta.
    Last edited by AG4; November 21st, 2016 at 04:25 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ford needs to hire better wheels designers.. .

The All-New Ford Fiesta ST Unleashed: Official Debut | Fiesta ST | Ford Performance - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast