Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    The Forester is selling well

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    The Forester is selling well
    The Forester has always been there, as it was the car that started the trend of wagons becoming CUV's. Subaru always has been very good with their AWD system and a rally racing pedigree to prove it.

What I meant was engine output and performance is not a sure ticket for good sales. Niche cars, like the Forester XT, may prove to be very good in sales but they are not expected to be as better selling as the base or mid trim Forester. Much like how the TOTL midsize or compact sedans (with more powerful engines and better features) prove to be take a smaller share of the sales.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The forester is massive value at P1.4m. An awd crv or rav4 would cost considerably more. Lets be honest in a country like ours its hard to enjoy extra oomph. In the city (where most small cuvs go around) the extra power is useless.

Im willing to bet the new focus will be outsold by its less powerful competitors: altis, civic, mazda 3, elantra, etc.

Actually an awd cuv is useless in this country (except the forester since it has a good ride height and stellar awd). Most of these systems are designed for snow. Awd in this country is needed for those unpaved roads when they get wet. If you actually needed a 4x4, you would get an everest, not an escape.

But people buy a forester as a cool city suv 2017 Ford Escape

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

And it is not a gated-AT scheme....

Hhhhmmmm,- what are you thinking, people?...

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

28.5K _/_/_/_/_/:starwars:_/_/_/_/_/

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Still upholding the tradition of being barely more economical than an 8 seater 3 ton Expedition

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2011

Back view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post

Back view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    May bra pa haha

Sent from my Starmobile PLAY Click using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    What's wrong with the Ford Escape here? Seems to be selling quite well in the U.S. ...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    What's wrong with the Ford Escape here? Seems to be selling quite well in the U.S. ...
    A gas CUV and a Ford? We all know that doesn't sound well for most Pinoys. Even the Fiesta and Focus don't sell well compared to the competition.

Or maybe the owners of the previous generations of the Escape didn't have much affinity over it?

The Escape SE 1.6L Ecoboost was not a hit at its initial SRP of 1.49M. Ford-PH offered a 450k discount just to clear its inventory. The Escape AWD 2.0L Ecoboost is feature-packed and comes with a potent powerplant (240hp/350Nm) and offered at 1.79M. However, it was priced almost the same against the better-performing Subaru Forester XT.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast