New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Have done a lot of research, and yes thumbs up to the Ford Ranger 3.2 Wildtrak as being the largest, most powerful, most capable and most feature-packed pickup in its segment today. But back to my question, ok ba talaga ang 2016 3.2 Ford Ranger Wildtrak? I hope you can help me conquer my fears, which are:
    (1) If I plan to keep my pickup for more than a decade, won't I have issues/problems with Ford?
    (2) If after 10 years I decide to sell it, what are the chances of having some issues with its electronics by then, and therefore have difficulty to sell the unit? I fear that electronics are far more expensive to fix than mechanical issues.
    (3) I've heard Fords have very high periodic maintenance costs and relatively inferior after-market service. How true is this? Ex. How much does the Ranger's brake pads cost?
    (4) I've heard that the Ranger's ride quality is just a bit better than the Hilux, how true is this? I mean, matagtag pa din ba talaga? Malayo sa ride ng NP300 Navara?
    (5) About the Ranger's fabled lane departure assist -- how useful is this? I mean, if the roads don't have broken lines painted on them (like most country roads), will it still detect a lane departure?
    (6) How about its collision mitigation feature -- what does it do? Does it apply emergency braking or just beep?
    (7) Taking into account questions 5 and 6, let's say if you fall asleep while driving and slowly drift left to a center island/divider, will these features wake you up?
    (8) Lastly, though I know people here are pro-Rangers -- considering practicality, durability (10 years) and comfort -- which top-of-the-line spec pickup should I choose, Ranger, Hilux or NP300 Navara? It's really so hard to choose.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Not sure if you really meant little research...

1. Top selling pickups (with hilux)... lots of non casa shops are starting to specialize on these newer pickups(hilux rangers dmax)

2. Havent heard of major issues from these pickups including the px1 series. No absolute answer.

3. Original brake pads are expensive. Bendix makes brake pads for the ranger.

4. The reviewers already say the ranger has very good dampening.

5. Lane departure is useful to some. Its a camera based system. If you take away the lane marker then..

2016 Ford Everest Driver Assistance Technology - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; December 2nd, 2016 at 06:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Mga sir do you know a good shop for ford parts? Where can I buy power window mechanism assembly for 2010 ranger?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Na addressed na po ba nila yun mga turbo problems na nabasa ko sa mga unang units ng Ranger?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post

Na addressed na po ba nila yun mga turbo problems na nabasa ko sa mga unang units ng Ranger?

Sa dami ng new px2s wala pa ako narinig na issues. Youre talking about the px1s from 2011s.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Sa dami ng new px2s wala pa ako narinig na issues. Youre talking about the px1s from 2011s.
    So sa mga naunang model ho pala yun?

So yun pong mga bago ngayon wala na pong problem sa turbo? Isa po kasi to sa pinag pipilian ko. Yun Ford Ranger XLS 2.2 4x4 MT... sana.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    So sa mga naunang model ho pala yun?

So yun pong mga bago ngayon wala na pong problem sa turbo? Isa po kasi to sa pinag pipilian ko. Yun Ford Ranger XLS 2.2 4x4 MT... sana.

Yes. The current new offerings are improved.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Yes. The current new offerings are improved.
    Thank you for confirming.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Pwede ba maremove yung black parts sa hood tsaka sa tailgate ng fx4?

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Hello po. I am about to buy a wildtrak 2.2 AT next month as a bday gift to myself. I was told 2017 model na ang available. Any comment, good or bad, for this model so that I would have an idea of what to expect on my unit once nakuha ko na. Thanks in advance!https://www.tsikot.com/forums/images...ies/unsure.gif

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tsikot Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast