TRANSMISSION 5-speed manual
    CURB WEIGHT (F/R DIST) 2550 (MT est)
    WHEELBASE 98.0 in
    LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT 159.7 x 67.8 x 58.1 in
    0-60 MPH 9.0 sec (MT est)
    EPA CITY/HWY FUEL ECON 29/41 (MT est)
    On Sale in U.S. Fall 2013

Read more: 2014 Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost First Drive - Motor Trend
    29/41, even if it is just an estimate doesn't sound that impressive. The SFE Fiesta already gets 29/40 with the 1.6.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    kelan kaya makakarating dito sa pinas yan? anu kaya magiging FC on philippine road nito?

mukang medyo mahal ata nasa 640k...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    15.5k should translate to around 750-800k in local prices. And that's a base manual. If it were Powershift, it would likely cost 850k, base, or 900k for the same specs as the Fiesta Sport or Sport+.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ang mahal pala...kung ganyan ang price...accent crdi nalang hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    15.5k should translate to around 750-800k in local prices. And that's a base manual. If it were Powershift, it would likely cost 850k, base, or 900k for the same specs as the Fiesta Sport or Sport+.
    Knowing that AT models are important in the US market, I asked Liz Elser, the Marketing Manager for the Fiesta in the US, if there will be a Powershift version of the Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost, she said at the moment, it will just be MT only, just like in Europe. (Powershift models in Europe use a de-tuned naturally aspirated 1.6, while in the US market, they will carry over their current naturally aspirated 1.6)

I don't mind if its MT only though, as long as it gets here.

One thing I noticed though with the interior shot of the 2014 USDM Fiesta (Titanium 1.6?) Powershift....it now has a manual +/- button on the shifter just like in the Focus Powershift.

I wonder if the facelifted ASEAN Fiesta Powershift will get it too.
    Last edited by AG4; December 17th, 2012 at 05:33 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In the US, for the 2013 Fusion SE mid-size sedan, the 1.6 EcoBoost option costs $795 over the standard SE with a naturally aspirated 2.5 liter engine.
    The tiny 1.0 EcoBoost will probably be slightly cheaper, my guess is it will be a $700 (P29K) option for the Fiesta.

Theoretically, The price gap of an NA 1.6 MT and a 1.0 EcoBoost MT should be a smaller than a 1.6 MT and a 1.6 Powershift model which would probably cost P50K, but of course local spec Fiesta 1.6 models here don't have MT options.
    A Fiesta Sport 1.0 EcoBoost MT (if one existed) should still cost slightly less than a P839K Fiesta 1.6 Sport Powershift, not unless Ford Philippines artificially raises the prices for the 1.0 EcoBoost models to make them more exclusive.

PS: Current Status of when the 1.0 EcoBoost will be launched in the ASEAN market... still a big question mark.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    In the US, for the 2013 Fusion SE mid-size sedan, the 1.6 EcoBoost option costs $795 over the standard SE with a naturally aspirated 2.5 liter engine.
    The tiny 1.0 EcoBoost will probably be slightly cheaper, my guess is it will be a $700 (P29K) option for the Fiesta.

Theoretically, The price gap of an NA 1.6 MT and a 1.0 EcoBoost MT should be a smaller than a 1.6 MT and a 1.6 Powershift model which would probably cost P50K, but of course local spec Fiesta 1.6 models here don't have MT options.
    A Fiesta Sport 1.0 EcoBoost MT (if one existed) should still cost slightly less than a P839K Fiesta 1.6 Sport Powershift, not unless Ford Philippines artificially raises the prices for the 1.0 EcoBoost models to make them more exclusive.

PS: Current Status of when the 1.0 EcoBoost will be launched in the ASEAN market... still a big question mark.
    Yeah, too much tech would be hard to sell. If they release an MT Ecoboost at the same price as the Sport with all the other goodies, it may work. I really doubt the stripper could reach into 1.4 MT territory.

I worry that Ford could be exposing itself too quickly. There's already backlash amongst US customers over MyFordTouch and Powershift in the US. Perhaps they should have given the tech more time to mature.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yeah, too much tech would be hard to sell. If they release an MT Ecoboost at the same price as the Sport with all the other goodies, it may work. I really doubt the stripper could reach into 1.4 MT territory.
    I think if it's introduced in the ASEAN market (most likely the 125PS version), it will be reserved for the higher trim models.
    In Europe, the 125PS 1.0 EcoBoost MT replaces the NA 1.6 MT while the 100PS version replaces the NA 1.4 MT, in the US, the 123hp (125PS) 1.0 EcoBoost will be an optional engine since the NA 1.6 MT will continue to be the standard engine for the USDM Fiesta.

Any MT model more powerful than the Fiesta 1.4 is welcome. Save the Manual Transmission! :D

There's already backlash amongst US customers over MyFordTouch and Powershift in the US. Perhaps they should have given the tech more time to mature.
    That's true, they actually had multiple software upgrades for those systems in the US, which I think makes sense since they were the first markets to get these systems. Sort them out first before making them global.
    Another thing too is that according to some automotive journalists in the US, the general public (in the US) who are used to torque converter automatics are not accustomed to the manual shifting characteristics and sound made by the Powershift.
    Last edited by AG4; December 17th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    any news, or rumors at the least, on when this will arrive in the Philippines? i'm thinking of buying a fiesta but i'd kick my self in the balls if the facelifted/ecoboosted version comes out one month after i buy the current model.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
2014 Ford Fiesta 1.0-liter EcoBoost