New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi guys, im planning on selling my ageing Toyota Vios and getting the new Ford Focus. Im torn between the 1.6 and 2.0 version because only the 2.0 will have those neat toys like auto park assistance, sony sound system etc...the real deal breaker is of course fuel consumption. A 2.0 engine would in the sense be sucking up fuel more compared to the 1.6 variant, but with the technology now I could be wrong. The sales rep mentioned that the 2.0 can do 16 km/l...and him being the sales rep, of course he will add a few kms here and there if you know what I mean. my daily commute would be from Lipa batangas to mamplasan laguna to which i think city driving and traffic would not be an issue since that distance would constitute as long drives and rarely do I encounter traffic to and from work.

Please help me decide on which would be more economical or a better buy for me. Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    At a recent media run, the 2.0 hit nearly 22 km/l. At the DOE run, it hit 19.89 km/l.

As with the TDCi, this indicates that in regular short highway running (about 80-100 km/h), 16 km/l is what it will get.

The 1.6 consistently lagged behind the 2.0 by about 1 km/l. This is likely because it can't run as lean in cruise mode, as it's a standard gasoline engine, whereas the 2.0 has gasoline direct injection.

I expect the 2.0 will deliver the same economy as the 1.6 in heavy traffic, somewhere between 7-8 km/l, and perhaps 9-10 km/l on EDSA.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I am planning to buy a new car tumigin ako ng ford focus 2.0 liter,toyota 86. Pratical point of view sa ford focus sa performance toyota 86

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    well i dont know about FC, but if i'll buy focus. i'll get the 2.0 kung kaya ng budget. interior pa lang ang layo na. parang naka-BMW ang interior ng 2.0 yung 1.6 parang malaking fiesta lang ang interior. plus the power, a little short for 1.6

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    At a recent media run, the 2.0 hit nearly 22 km/l. At the DOE run, it hit 19.89 km/l.

As with the TDCi, this indicates that in regular short highway running (about 80-100 km/h), 16 km/l is what it will get.

The 1.6 consistently lagged behind the 2.0 by about 1 km/l. This is likely because it can't run as lean in cruise mode, as it's a standard gasoline engine, whereas the 2.0 has gasoline direct injection.

I expect the 2.0 will deliver the same economy as the 1.6 in heavy traffic, somewhere between 7-8 km/l, and perhaps 9-10 km/l on EDSA.
    These are great FC figures. Looks like the Focus is the most fuel-efficient among the 2-liter compacts.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    i think the focus is build for highway driving... matipid focus namin na 1.8 gas pag highway driving it ave. 15km/li

mostly highway driving ka naman sir.....

pero kung may diesel variant sa diesel ka nalang po...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by karl2001 View Post
    I am planning to buy a new car tumigin ako ng ford focus 2.0 liter,toyota 86. Pratical point of view sa ford focus sa performance toyota 86
    Good luck getting a dealer to go anywhere close to 1.5m. With all the borloloy and bull packages the sales agents are trying to bundle with the cars, you'll be lucky to spend less than 1.8m for an 86.

For the Focus, you can simply go to a Ford dealer and order one, and pay MSRP. 1.2m. Which is an entire Picanto less.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by karl2001 View Post
    Why would you get the Toyota 86 over the Ford Focus when you're coming from a Vios?

Ford Focus 2.0 all the way! You wouldn't dare bring your 86 through all the roads you've been on with your Vios :P For the Philippines mas practical talaga yung Ford Focus

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by extrarice311 View Post
    Hi guys, im planning on selling my ageing Toyota Vios and getting the new Ford Focus. Im torn between the 1.6 and 2.0 version because only the 2.0 will have those neat toys like auto park assistance, sony sound system etc...the real deal breaker is of course fuel consumption. A 2.0 engine would in the sense be sucking up fuel more compared to the 1.6 variant, but with the technology now I could be wrong. The sales rep mentioned that the 2.0 can do 16 km/l...and him being the sales rep, of course he will add a few kms here and there if you know what I mean. my daily commute would be from Lipa batangas to mamplasan laguna to which i think city driving and traffic would not be an issue since that distance would constitute as long drives and rarely do I encounter traffic to and from work.

Please help me decide on which would be more economical or a better buy for me. Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
    You might want to check out this article too: "Food, Fun, and the Ford Focus: Two Unique Fuel Eco Runs"
    With just 8 participants split into four cars, this was a more hardcore fuel economy challenge than the previous one. Partnered with Manny Delos Reyes, we carried The Philippine Star banner battling out with fuel economy run veterans from other publications. Picking out the Focus 1.6 Trend, we knew we were at a slight disadvantage given the results of the DOE run a week ago. And so, with a route stretching some 174 kilometers, Manny and I agreed not to take this contest “too seriously” as to adversely affect our enjoyment of the Focus.

With our engines and fuel tanks sealed; our climate control set to ‘2’ and sealed, it was time to flag off. Upon reaching the highway, the Focus’s instantaneous fuel economy readout was our biggest ally. With Manny driving at a steady 70 to 80 km/h, the reading barely budged above 16.66 km/L. Despite not being equipped with cruise control (an advantage of those in the 2.0 models), we kept our speeds as steady as possible while overtaking a competitor or two on the four-lane stretch of SLEX. As we reached the first pit stop of this eco run: the Batangas Port, it was time to do a driver change.
    Read More: ************ - Philippine Car News, Test Drives, and Prices: Food, Fun, and the Ford Focus: Two Unique Fuel Eco Runs

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    You might want to check out this article too: "Food, Fun, and the Ford Focus: Two Unique Fuel Eco Runs"

Read More: ************ - Philippine Car News, Test Drives, and Prices: Food, Fun, and the Ford Focus: Two Unique Fuel Eco Runs

Impressive. but i want to see FC data from owners too and pure city driving FC for the 2.0 A/T

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2012 Ford Focus 2.0 real world fuel consumption/pros and cons