New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hello, guys! all info will be appreciated.

2012 Ford Everest 4x2 AT Limited Ed. on flat surfaces, reverse is functional & working while in an inclined terrain, it has no reverse at all. brought to FORD, after three days, reverse valve body is the culprit daw.

it got me thinking:
    1. is it normal for an almost 4 year old vehicle to have its reverse valve body replaced/rebuilt? average run daily is +-50-60kms on flat paved surfaces with 'pang pamilya' speed.
    2. what usually is the cause of the problem in reverse valve body?
    3. could this be considered 'major repair' considering a part of the transmission is affected(for a 4year old vehicle)? am starting to doubt ford's 'built tough' philosophy.

thank in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Is the transmission fluid still ok? Is the oil level ok? Any other symptom?

Ford built tough... even toyota is built tough. But chances of failure is always present.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    yes & yes, ATF ruled out. no other symptoms shown. that is why i am doubtful on the diagnosis that the reverse valve body should be replaced/rebuilt. could it be a misdiagnosed case, maybe some solenoids are at fault. haven't seen the OBD results/DTC.

thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I dont think its the valve body. Its too premature. Solenoid siguro. Get a second opinion from another dealership. Have them read the tcm error codes.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    sadly dad gave the go signal, they already have brought the transmission down. they also placed the order for a new reverse valve body. need to review the DTC and conduct a thorough interview with the mechs and have them double check the solenoids.

thanks, StockEngine!

have a good one!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    This doesnt surprised me ... mine is 2017 everest with 19,300 + km. Valve was replaced and was charged php73k

Will be discussing this with our lawyers because we believe the unit has hidden defects considering its almost new. Will file civil case based on lemon law

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijcc View Post
    This doesnt surprised me ... mine is 2017 everest with 19,300 + km. Valve was replaced and was charged php73k

Will be discussing this with our lawyers because we believe the unit has hidden defects considering its almost new. Will file civil case based on lemon law
    Not covered by warranty considering that its 2017 model? Also can you pleaae provide more details for the benefit of fellow owners here? A member had his transmission pump replaced under warranty posted in the 2015 Ford Everest thread. I suggest you post on that thread as it covers the 2015 up models.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk