New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Is this New Model 08 Escape 2.3 had an Improved FC compared to the old 2.3 model

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The rear looks like a Mit Fusion to me Why didnt they release the US version??

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
    The rear looks like a Mit Fusion to me Why didnt they release the US version??
    Its probably a stop gap model.

Ford is introducing the European "Kinetic Design" to the Asia-Pacific region, this is probably the reason why they gave the Asia-Pacific Escape a "Kinetic Desing" facelift, to align it with the upcoming 2008/09 Focus which also gets a "Kinetic Design facelift (now available in Europe).

There are rumors that the all-new Euro Kuga (based on the Focus' C1 platform) might reach the Asia-Pacific region to replace the Escape sometime in the near future.

In the US they gave the Escape a full reskin, expect them to stay with this model longer.
    Last edited by AG4; September 20th, 2008 at 08:00 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ford would better serve the buying public if:

-they would copy the traditional conservative-look US Escape reskin and placed it on the Everest.

-have the curvilinear kinetic design similar to the Kuga on the PhDM Escape so it can compete with the looks of the current-gen CRV and Captiva.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Ford should copy the big step of Subaru in changing the design of their cars, from conservative-looking to a spunkier, updated look, just like what happened to Impreza and Forrester. poging-pogi ang impreza and forrester

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post

There are rumors that the all-new Euro Kuga (based on the Focus' C1 platform) might reach the Asia-Pacific region to replace the Escape sometime in the near future.
    pwede... parang "evolved" form na ng new escape ang kuga eto talaga inaabangan ko eh, kuga... sana nga ilabas dito...

kaya lang parang sayang yung escape... kung pwede lang sana ilabas nila kuga pero meron pa ring (all new) escape. parang, they should make the escape for serious 4X4 off-roading while the kuga will be more on the suburban side... kaya lang impossible yun.. they will compete with each other...

hmmm btw, do you guys think it's possible to rename the kuga to escape if it does come to our shores? la lang naisip ko lang hehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi Everyone, im new here...looking for a new car..initially i wanted the everest but something came up that i have to cut down a little bit on the money that im willing to fork out..looking at the escape, its a little bit cheaper and not bad for affroading. However i think the new look is quite questionable to me...i was hoping thier facelift would make it a little aggresive but?!! seeing the facelift i think the previous look was better.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hi guys, we just ordered the new escape and if everything goes thru, it'll be delivered tomorrow. we got the 4x2 variant, mas mura kasi hehe!!! i was telling my parents na mas maganda yung luma facelift kasi based on the pics that ford showed us eh ang panget talaga ng dating ng bago, even my sister agreed, then when the actual unit came eh tinawagan agad kami so i wanted to see it personally. nung nakita ko na eh medyo iba pala from the pics, honestly nagandahan na din ako, my sister also changed her mind, plus the big discount ford was offering us for the september promo for cash buyers. but i think mas maangas pa rin yung previous facelift compared to this one, specially with that smoked head lamps, on the new one, i like the bumpers and the design of the hood. ang ayaw ko lang eh yung head unit, doesn't have an aux or usb, tas mahihirapan ata ako ihanap ng HU na ganun kalaki. anyway 3 yrs warranty so di ko pa talaga pwede palitan, saka ko na problemahin after that. anyway, dad always wanted an escape, i wanted the focus tdci but its his money hehe, i just hope it doesn't disappoint me in performance and consumption

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by recklus View Post
    hi guys, we just ordered the new escape and if everything goes thru, it'll be delivered tomorrow. we got the 4x2 variant, mas mura kasi hehe!!! i was telling my parents na mas maganda yung luma facelift kasi based on the pics that ford showed us eh ang panget talaga ng dating ng bago, even my sister agreed, then when the actual unit came eh tinawagan agad kami so i wanted to see it personally. nung nakita ko na eh medyo iba pala from the pics, honestly nagandahan na din ako, my sister also changed her mind, plus the big discount ford was offering us for the september promo for cash buyers. but i think mas maangas pa rin yung previous facelift compared to this one, specially with that smoked head lamps, on the new one, i like the bumpers and the design of the hood. ang ayaw ko lang eh yung head unit, doesn't have an aux or usb, tas mahihirapan ata ako ihanap ng HU na ganun kalaki. anyway 3 yrs warranty so di ko pa talaga pwede palitan, saka ko na problemahin after that. anyway, dad always wanted an escape, i wanted the focus tdci but its his money hehe, i just hope it doesn't disappoint me in performance and consumption
    musta sir...? natuloy po yung pag kuha nyo ng escape? musta naman po performance? post naman po kayo pic..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    automotix.net/autorepair/car_problems/ford-escape/2007/

totoo kaya to? wag naman sana cause were planing to buy a 2nd hand 05-07 escape.. kung puro safety features ang may problem nakakatakot ata.. sa ranger kya ganito din?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2008 JDM Ford Escape (facelift... again)