New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    2009 Ford Focus models and prices!

Ford Focus 1.8 Core sedan M/T P759K (new base model below the Trend)
    *same safety features as the Trend (driver's airbag, ABS + EBD) but has fixed rear seats, no rear air vents and no fog lamps)

Ford Focus 1.8 Trend sedan M/T P779K

Ford Focus 1.8 Trend hatchback A/T P849K

Ford Focus 2.0 Ghia A/T P989K

Ford Focus 2.0 Sport A/T P999K

Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi Powershift P1.149M

Stay Tuned for updates...
    woohhhhh 1.149M, thats a lot of money. but i think its worth purchasing this car.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    woohhhhh 1.149M, thats a lot of money. but i think its worth purchasing this car.
    Not bad since the regular price of the outgoing '08 Focus TDCi M/T was P1.124M.

The additional P25K already gets you a Dual-Clutch sequential shift transmission, and thats almost half the price most car companies charge for their conventional A/T (usually an additional P40K-P50K over the M/T).

The only other diesel compact hatch out there is the Hyundai i30 CRDi M/T, at P1.048M its cheaper, but its powered by a weaker and smaller 115PS 1.6 CRDi engine.
    Last edited by AG4; October 29th, 2008 at 01:21 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Not bad since the regular price of the outgoing '08 Focus TDCi M/T was P1.124M.

The additional P25K already gets you a Dual-Clutch sequential shift transmission, and thats almost half the price most car companies charge for their conventional A/T (usually an additional P40K-P50K over the M/T).

The only other diesel compact hatch out there is the Hyundai i30 CRDi M/T, at P1.048M its cheaper, but its powered by a weaker and smaller 115PS 1.6 CRDi engine.
    is this pricing for real? oh YEAH... Good Job Ford Phil. this will sell,
    i want one! when can the test drive units be available?

copy to AG4, ser may USB jack na din ba like the ones available in other countries? also is it able to play AAC (iPod/ iPhone music format)?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Maganda rin pala yung facelift noh.. sa top gear mag ko kasi nakita yung mk2.5 eh. sir ag4 will it only be with the powershift, wala bang manual tranny available? may rear air vents na ba ulit? ay wala rin ba ulit sunroof? sana magka option man lang sila ng sunroof.

yup tama ka it depends din sa driving style ko but im practicing the controlled acceleration style, i don't rev it past 2000 rpm and i try to shift to a higher gear as soon as possible and i don't lag the engine. I also shift to neutral after gaining enough inertia and whenever i encounter long declines so that i only accelerate due to gravity.

Paano po ba gumagana yung overboost function ng focus tdci? diba at 2000 rpm max torque na at 320Nm. pano ba yun whenever you floor it magooverboost tapos gaano katagal lang?

Sir makakasira ba ng A/T pag ginawa ko yung pagneneutral pagpababa tapos balik ko ulit sa drive pag patag na ulit? or it won't change the fact that A/T will always have a higher Fc than the manual?

Lastly sir, the powershift dual clutch tranny ba is also a torque converter, namentioned kasi sa top gear ung torque converter eh, paki explain naman po sir.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by skylineGTR View Post
    Paano po ba gumagana yung overboost function ng focus tdci? diba at 2000 rpm max torque na at 320Nm. pano ba yun whenever you floor it magooverboost tapos gaano katagal lang?
    >>when ur' cruising and suddenly u do a WOT (Wide Open Throttle) signalling
    >> to the engine u want Power/ Acceleration, that's the time it allow's
    >> overboost function. lasting for a few seconds until u ease-off the pedal.

Sir makakasira ba ng A/T pag ginawa ko yung pagneneutral pagpababa tapos balik ko ulit sa drive pag patag na ulit? or it won't change the fact that A/T will always have a higher Fc than the manual?
    >>no way its going to happen. remember the thing doesn't have a clutch
    >> pedal for you to depress. its already actuated by a hydraulic system.
    >> u want good FC, this applies to both MT & AT. nice and easy
    >> acceleration and anticipation of the traffic ahead of u makes a world of
    >> difference.

Lastly sir, the powershift dual clutch tranny ba is also a torque converter, namentioned kasi sa top gear ung torque converter eh, paki explain naman po sir.
    >> no torque converter, so no torque multiplication effect like u get in
    >> traditional A/T systems, just think of it as a Manual Tranny- Gear system
    >> with a computer that tells when to shift gear and does so with
    >> automated clutch (sorry can't explain much, no expert here).
    >>see image below...

BTW, NOTE TO FUTURE OWNERS OF FORD FOCUS TDCI with PowerShift (twin clutch) Tranny. when ur starting off at an incline, you should quickly stab the GO Pedal otherwise u would roll down. remember its NOT THE SAME with Slush Box (Torque Converter type, A/T systems). but u do get the same No Clutch Pedal shifting....that has much better efficiency than traditional A/Ts because no clutch slipping is allowed!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    TO ALL INTERESTED ABOUT THIS NEW TRANSMISSION TECHNOLOGY BEING OFFERED BY FORD PHIL. I COLLECTED SOME INFO. AND PASTED IT IN THE TRANSMISSION SECTION OF THE FORUMS.

SEE LINK BELOW.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=1#post1141274

I HOPE SYSTEM ADMIN, MODERATOR WILL STICKY IT!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir parakitoJDM, thanks a lot for that. Its very enligthening talaga. Parang yung sa mga BMW din pala noh, yung SMG, may nageplain na sa akin nito before na pagbumitaw ka sa brake pedal, it won't move forward like sa conventional matics.

What if your trying to reach top speed so your doing a wide open throttle at top gear and not easing up on the gas pedal, will the overboost stay for as long as you don't ease on the pedal?

Sir i tried this kasi one time sa patrol namin, galing sa drive tapos stoplight na and stop na so nakabitaw na ako sa gas then i shifted it to neutral from drive position, I just tried it but never did it again, im not that sure kasi kung nakakasira ba yun ng A/T tranny.

Question lang mga sir na nakatestdrive nung launching nung OCt 29. nagimprove ba yung 0-100kph time pag naka powershift na. yung current six speed manual tranny diba mga 9 seconds.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i think there would be improvements in the acceleration(since you have a torquey engine coupled with a SMG tranny). at least you won't be stepping on a rock hard clutch anymore
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Question lang mga sir na nakatestdrive nung launching nung OCt 29. nagimprove ba yung 0-100kph time pag naka powershift na. yung current six speed manual tranny diba mga 9 seconds.

I haven't tested it yet, but according to those who have tested it, its just slightly slower to 100km/h compared to the manual (but it really depends on how you shift in the manual, it can be slower and it can be quicker I guess).
    At the end the Powershift system still shifts gears much quicker than a conventional A/T.

Based on the (conservative) Manufacturer's figures...
    Focus 2.0 TDCi 6-speed manual 0-100 km/h: 9.3 sec
    Focus 2.0 TDCi 6-speed Powershift 0-100 km/h: 9.6 sec

Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin
    i think there would be improvements in the acceleration(since you have a torquey engine coupled with a SMG tranny). at least you won't be stepping on a rock hard clutch anymore
    Its a Dual-Clutch Sequential Geabox with full auto or manual shift mode.
    Last edited by AG4; October 30th, 2008 at 06:38 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    Some... but not enough to match a true manual tranny.

I had the opportunity to get some time in the driver's seat in the Ford Focus 2.0L TDCi DSG. The car feels planted and surefooted in the curves but it will understeer once you have reached the limits of traction.

One thing you will notice is that the new car is TALLER than the previous Focus TDCi with manual tranny. The reason is a stiffer suspension package to support the heavier engine and DSG tranny package. So expect a slightly bigger tire to fender gap if you plan to buy this car.

And along with the heavier front end, expect some handling issues that wasn't there with the Focus 2.0L hatch petrol version.

One thing I hated is the redesigned tail-light (somewhat a honeycomb design) . Reminds me too much of a cheap motel.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
2008 Ford Focus (euro version) major facelift