New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Good day Ford fanatics!

Just want to know your honest opinion about 2005 Ford Lynx a/t. I am planning to buy 2nd hand car and i saw this 2005 Ford Lynx a/t (bought december 2004) 101km asking price is 200k. Please post some pros and cons about this model so that i can decide better if it is a good buy. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    If you want a Lynx, go for a MT variant since AT's are gas guzzlers. Try mo na maghanap sa search box regarding the Lynx AT fuel consumption. If you could find a Lynx GSi MT much better kasi ang Ghia variant has lots of electronics (sunroof, power folding mirrors) which is a pain to fix.

On August 1, if you could wait, my review regarding the Ford Lynx will be posted.

Good Luck!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I would prefer a manual Lynx. The AT of Mazdas are very responsive and peppy but it seems like the early AT models of the Lynx are associated to some factory/engineering glitch re: idling/stalling problems etc. Manuals have more palatable FC and is more resistant to those problems as per my research when I was considering that particular model.

If you insist matics, Nissan's Exalta Grandeur GS are well equipped and also within your budget. You might also wanna consider Exalta STA, but it's an older unit.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Be prepared for the gas guzzling! The reason why you dont see Lynxes much is because it feels like it pisses gas every time you use it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think maski yung manual nya gas guzzler din compared to other MT brands.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ask ko lang kung ano yung nakailaw na HOLD?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrose1982 View Post
    ask ko lang kung ano yung nakailaw na HOLD?
    It is a self preservation mode of the Mazda/Ford tranny. Pag naka ilaw yan. Stuck ka sa hanggang sa highest gear kung nasan ang lever. Example: Pag nasa 'L' ka nasa 1st gear ka lang, 'S' means 1st and 2nd gear only, 'D' would permit you 1st to 3rd gear. Releasing the 'HOLD' button on 'D' would permit you to access 4th gear. It is equivalent to overdrive OFF of some other brands.

Be wary of blinking HOLD sign on the gauge panel, yan kasi ang mabilis masira sa Mazda matic tranny. It's more on electricals. Mine blinked at one time and would stuck itself on second gear unable to up or downshift (a surplus tranny), i then went back to the shop to have the unit replaced (buti kasama sa warranty).