New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Some forum visitors planning to get their own Fiesta have expressed worries about some posts made in Malaysia. Their concern is the quality of the interior and plastics and "cheap build quality" was brought up.

Being a Fiesta owner since Dec 17, 2010, I am in a good position to confirm or deny these "worries".

I took some pics today and present them with annotation for your perusal.

Glove compartment have features that would not be put in if cheapness was the intention.

A/C vents: quality plastic, good worksmanship

Driver side compartment. Latching mechanism intended for rare use. Hindi po siguro lalagyan ng kendi kundi mga emergency items na pag inabot ka sa alanganin may gagamitin ka. The fiesta even has a drawer under the front passenger seat, in addition to the cup holders and such behind the hand break, in addition to the glove compartment.

All of these for everyday things. Wag naman nating asahan na pati itong maliit na lalagyan na ito ay palaging bukas-sara.

Agree ako kay Sir Tidus na sapat ang quality ng matertyales kahit maituturing na hindi first class.

If they used LEGO quality plastics, the price would have been prohibitive for us middle class hombres.

I thank Ford for their new attitude in releasing this model. Something for the average Joe and most very many for the enthusiast.

Ford has given us a car that we can accessorize and modify as we please yet of great value for "off the shelf" buyers.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    By the way for extra compartment, meron sa ilalim ng passenger side seat. Supposedly a show stowage, but pwede din gamitin as storage...

For me, I put coins in the area underneath the AUX and USB ports... Yung parking ticket I place in the compartment below the air con dials... Cellphone naman its always in my pocket linked via bluetooth so pag may tumawag or ako tatawag I use the Fiesta's head unit...

Music CD's?? Meron ba gumagamit nun? Naka USB na ako!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    ngayon ko lang nalaman meron palang mga coin and card slots sa glove compartment... thanks vivafoxpro!

... nakakabilib ang patience mo sa pag butingting at pagkilatis sa fiesta.. thanks for sharing and not simply keeping it to yourself chief!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    By the way for extra compartment, meron sa ilalim ng passenger side seat. Supposedly a show stowage, but pwede din gamitin as storage...
    Pardon the noob question, whats a "show stowage"?

Agree that the glove compartment's extra features are cool..

Curious Lang, how many coins do those things hold? The pic looks like it just holds a 1 10 peso coin..

--------

Still choosing between ford fiesta and hyandai accent.. Any opinions welcome..

--------------------------------------------

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post

Curious Lang, how many coins do those things hold? The pic looks like it just holds a 1 10 peso coin..

--------

Wrong spelling, SHOE STOWAGE. Lalagyan ng sapatos...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    dun sa may knob para buksan yung side window malutong rin daw yun lalo na dun sa naglagay ng tint nasa fb rin ng
    malaysian yung pics

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    in addition sa driver side compartment, i think it was used for OBD slot/ for computer slot. silipin nyo when you open the driver side compartment sa taas nya meron kayong makikitang harness.

sa mga naka 1.4L, yung black sa baba ng a/c switch yung black na meron = butas, card slot sya pwede mo lagyan ng parking ticket or card. sa mga naka sport i dont know kung ano function nila dun. hth

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rogie View Post
    in addition sa driver side compartment, i think it was used for OBD slot/ for computer slot. silipin nyo when you open the driver side compartment sa taas nya meron kayong makikitang harness.

sa mga naka 1.4L, yung black sa baba ng a/c switch yung black na meron = butas, card slot sya pwede mo lagyan ng parking ticket or card. sa mga naka sport i dont know kung ano function nila dun. hth
    Same. You could place tickets there as well... Although I don't I just leave the tickets at the compartment below that rack...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleryner View Post
    --------
    The whole glove compartment has 4 of the coin holders. I am amazed they thought of even putting in any. I put my coins in front of the gear shift knob under the A/C controls.

Test drive them both and take pictures of them both, print them out for side by side comparison. No charge in test driving so why not enjoy?

In my case bulok service ng Hyundai Pampanga so it was eliminated from the candidates.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stync View Post
    dun sa may knob para buksan yung side window malutong rin daw yun lalo na dun sa naglagay ng tint nasa fb rin ng
    malaysian yung pics
    Paki post link or pics so I can also investigate.

Pls see one of my investigations:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77314

Fiesta, hindi kita tatantanan!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta attention to details