New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm currently watching a show called Million Dollar Auctions on Discovery Channel HD. This blue GT40 (I think it's #79) went for $2,275,000 :shocked: I wished I had the money to burn......when will I win the lotto?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    I'm currently watching a show called Million Dollar Auctions on Discovery Channel HD. This blue GT40 (I think it's #79) went for $2,275,000 :shocked: I wished I had the money to burn......when will I win the lotto?
    Mahal naman nyan

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think the GT only costs like..125,000 dollars...
    why did he buy that particular 2million+ GT? whats so special about that particular one??

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    I think the GT only costs like..125,000 dollars...
    why did he buy that particular 2million+ GT? whats so special about that particular one??
    The Ford GT40 is different from the Ford GT.

The GT40 was produced in the 1960's and won the 24hour of Le Mans 4 years in a row from 1966-1969. It was produced by Ford after Enzo Ferrari backed off from a merger with Ford. Henry Ford II wanted to win Le Mans at the time so he built the GT40. It was called GT40 because 40" was the hight of the car and only a limited number cars were produced for public sale. Models of the GT40 was the MkI, MkII, MkIII, and MkIV to my knowledge one of these models(may be the MkIV) only three were sold to the public, so $2 million may be cheap all things considered. The current GT is a homage to the GT40 and ended production in 2006.

Edit: It was the MkIII and only seven road going version was made. BTW in 2005 at RM's Monterey a GT40 sold for $2,502,500 so this is still cheap if you can call it that.
    Last edited by redorange; March 8th, 2007 at 05:21 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ahhhh the original Ford GT40 kaya pala. I think I saw the history on it on Top Gear heheh. heheh thats right..it was only 40inches in height..i remember that part. Thanks for the info, that car is just a classic. Definitely a collector's items dream.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    ahhhh the original Ford GT40 kaya pala. I think I saw the history on it on Top Gear heheh. heheh thats right..it was only 40inches in height..i remember that part. Thanks for the info, that car is just a classic. Definitely a collector's items dream.
    Just imagine if you had bought it at it's original list price of $16,000 back in 1964-1967. 40 years later and it's worth $2 million, I wonder what the current GT and the GT500 will cost in 40 years.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    you wanna know how much?? buy one... hehehe...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bili ka nalang ng honda jazz na bnew o kaya vios, pagdating mo sa bahay i drain mo lahat ng fluids, tangalin mo yung connection sa battery, i wrap mo ng airtight tapos lagay mo sa kahon na airtight din. Umarkila ka bulldozer tapos ibaon mo sa lupa. Buksan mo after 40 yrs. I think may presyo yun, low mileage, like new, super kinis,seldom used collectors item tapos dagdagan mo pa sa ad take a journey in time.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unless i was a collector (as i'm sure the GT40 buyer was) i would prefer the current gen GT anyway. a tenth of the price, and 21st century tech

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... collectors. The "muscle" craze and the insane amounts of money people spend on old American autos is really nuts. 2.2 million for a GT40 (I know it's not a muscle car... ahhh... but it sells to the same collectors)? Like redorange says, cheap!

There are Barracudas that have gone for that much. Ouch.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
,275,000 Ford GT40