New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I would like to ask how much does a 1957 Thunderbird sells nowadays???

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by usmain View Post
    I would like to ask how much does a 1957 Thunderbird sells nowadays???
    I think in the US a restored '57 Thunderbird goes for around $30K or more depending on the options and how well its restored, I've heard of some even reaching over $60K.
    In the Philippines? I have no idea since its so rare. I think I've only seen one or two.

1957 Ford Thunderbird
    Last edited by AG4; December 2nd, 2008 at 03:33 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Got some details on the 1957 Thunderbird that I saw. The owner has 2 of those, one here and one in the States. He told me that he is selling the Thunderbird because he stays most of the time in the States and would like someone to have the chance to own a car like it and experience how it runs. He said "it is a big injustice for the Thunderbird to be just stuck in his garage".

The Thunderbird has a V8 engine. He made some restorations on it, replaced some and added some. His Thunderbird has disc brakes, aircon and cant remember the others (all parts recommended and bought from Ford).

His price for the Thunderbird...... 2.2M

Any takers???

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^Quite pricey and have no idea of its actual condition. If its engine matching and stock concours condition why not?

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    If you are a collector then its hard to pass this car if you could get it with a good price. If everything is in original and still in good to excellent condition that would be a plus.

Here is the four line up 1957 TB. Which one of those four car?

1. The "C" series was the base-issue Thunderbird 292 cubic inch displacement (CID) engine with a 2 barrel carburetor, and was rated at 212 horsepower.

2. The "D" series had a 312 cid motor with 4 barrel carburetor which produced 245 horsepower.

3. The "E" series had Ford’s "High Performance Special" engine. It was rated at 270 horsepower through the combination of a "hotter" cam and two 4-barrel carburetors. Also in this series was Ford’s "Racing" version which produced 285 horsepower.

4.The "F’ series Thunderbird has a 312 cid motor with special heads, cam, distributor and 4-barrel carburetor. Additionally there is a Paxton-McCulloch VR57 supercharger which "force feeds" the carburetor with up to 6 psi of compressed air. The McCulloch rated this setup at 360 horsepower.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    i wonder what he means in "experience it how it runs". but 2.2m for an old car, better sell it in a golf course or somewhere the retirees are hangin' out

i think the owner means for someone else to own, drive and ride a 1957 Thunderbird....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    i visited the owner and his Thunderbird has a 312 cu.in. engine but he failed to mention its horsepower... got two pictures of it but still gotta find out how to post it

1957 thunderbird