New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather they come up with a tax for people employing armed bodyguards. Especially idi0tic ones. Yun ang talagang "sin tax". Diba Mayor Junjun?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Ikaw ba yan OB?

Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Wouldn't mind if they tax softdrinks more...

Soda, which is loaded with sugar primarily in the form of high fructose corn syrup, is a leading contributor to the rising rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and other chronic diseases facing Americans.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    facepalm.....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    Ikaw ba yan OB?
    Hay naku Coder...

I know a lot of people who drank softdrinks like water who are now 6 feet under...

Bottled softdrinks cost less than mineral water.
    Last edited by Monseratto; December 26th, 2013 at 10:49 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Wouldn't mind if they tax softdrinks more...
    Same here, hindi naman ako umiinom na kasi.

But I do think this is absurd. It's double taxation kasi and even though addictive siya, hindi naman ito on the same league as sin tax law imho. My 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Diabetes leads to kidney failure, amputations and blindness...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hay naku Coder...

I know a lot of people who drank softdrinks like water who are now 6 feet under...

Bottled softdrinks cost less than mineral water.
    I agree regarding the ill effect of soft drinks on over all health. But, I don't think the tax is being proposed by this congressman to safeguard our health but more to line his pockets in general by lobbyists.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Regarding sugar content: the same can be said for a number of other drinks/food, e.g. candies, "fruit juices", cakes, donuts and other pastries, bubble teas, "coffee drinks", etc.

And how about other unhealthy foods: french fries, lechon, sisig, etc? Shouldn't we tax them as well since they're "bad for our health"?

Don't get me wrong, i do recognize the dangers of an unhealthy diet, and softdrinks/fast foods are suspect #1. If the government really was looking out for the people's health, then it should have banned these foods outright. While we're on the subject, why not ban liquor, cigarettes, etc? Aren't they harmful to our health as well?

But no, they want to tax it. What does that tell you? As long as we get our 10% tax, bahala na kayo sa buhay nyo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Regarding sugar content: the same can be said for a number of other drinks/food, e.g. candies, "fruit juices", cakes, donuts and other pastries, bubble teas, "coffee drinks", etc.

And how about other unhealthy foods: french fries, lechon, sisig, etc? Shouldn't we tax them as well since they're "bad for our health"?

Don't get me wrong, i do recognize the dangers of an unhealthy diet, and softdrinks/fast foods are suspect #1. If the government really was looking out for the people's health, then it should have banned these foods outright. While we're on the subject, why not ban liquor, cigarettes, etc? Aren't they harmful to our health as well?

But no, they want to tax it. What does that tell you? As long as we get our 10% tax, bahala na kayo sa buhay nyo.
    Yep. Pretty obvious since the primary purpose of the tax is for "rebuilding places devastated by Tyhpoon Yolanda" and not for purposes of providing subsidized or free health care to the poor who are afflicted with diabetes and other complications arising from diabetes.

I'm sure opportunista lang si congressman kasi nadagdagan ng explanation ng proposed tax bill niya dahil kay Typhoon Yolanda.
    Last edited by Altis6453; December 26th, 2013 at 12:44 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    If softdrinks are bad for our health ang mas dapat i-ban ang sale, pero ung pagkaperahan ng gov ang patunay na our politicians ay ganid sa pera at hindi sa kabutihan ng.mga tao.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast