New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Does anyone know where I can buy buko pie in the Makati, BGC or BF Paranaque area? The closest I know is in Sta Rosa. I prefer the popular brands such as Original, Lety's, El Mare and Colette's. My bestfriend's Mom wants this as padala so I have to buy this on the day of the flight of my best friend

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    The closest I know is Colette's on Visayas Ave. QC near DENR. 920-8441

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Colette's isn't what it used to be but if the nearest branch is in QC then you'd probably be better off buying at Sta Rosa or Tagaytay.

OT: Buko tarts are much better than buko pie. Amira's sa Aguinaldo hiway corner SVD road (papuntang picnic grove).

sent via Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Amira ilang beses na kami jan nabili, masarap din yata sa Ramona's ayun lang pa tagaytay na sila hehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Kung alert 1, hindi pa naman siguro delikado sa may area ng tagaytay? Iniisip ko pa naman bumili ng the original buko pie itong weekend sa sta. rosa tagaytay road.
    OT.
    i am confused,
    sino ba talaga ang tunay na original buko pie?
    what is the better buy? where can i get it?
    yung iba kasi, hindi na pie. piyaya na sa nipis...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    OT.
    i am confused,
    San Pablo I guess. Then yung mabango bibingka around Luisiana-amoy dahon na niluluto at 4AM sa kalsada.

Kumusta kaya plant nurseries along Taal Talisay, I missed 1yr planting fruitrees and forestrees because of ashfall, dami daw hindi nka recover.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    OT.
    i am confused,
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    San Pablo I guess. Then yung mabango bibingka around Luisiana-amoy dahon na niluluto at 4AM sa kalsad.
    It's Los Banos. Both my parents are from Laguna and we'd often buy from there. Bata pa ko blockbuster parati pila sa "The Original" buko pie. I like their Pineapple pie better though

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    It's Los Banos. Both my parents are from Laguna and we'd often buy from there. Bata pa ko blockbuster parati pila sa "The Original" buko pie. I like their Pineapple pie better though
    OT: Yep, D'Original buko pie is from LB.

Folklore has it that the original recipe was actually for an apple pie from an expat working at IRRI. But since walang apple makuha, they used coconut instead. And was born the buko pie.

Pero if you ask those from LB, they actually prefer Lettys to D'Original

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    OT: Yep, D'Original buko pie is from LB.

Folklore has it that the original recipe was actually for an apple pie from an expat working at IRRI. But since walang apple makuha, they used coconut instead. And was born the buko pie.

Pero if you ask those from LB, they actually prefer Lettys to D'Original
    Nice trivia. Yup Lety's is good also! Back in the 90s we used to buy din fresh milk and chocolate milk sa UPLB, but then 90s pa lang nightmare na traffic sa Los Banos kaya I don't pass there anymore

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Nice trivia. Yup Lety's is good also! Back in the 90s we used to buy din fresh milk and chocolate milk sa UPLB, but then 90s pa lang nightmare na traffic sa Los Banos kaya I don't pass there anymore
    OT: you can now use the Bucal By-Pass Road or the more scenic Sto Tomas/Geothermal/Bitin/Tranca mountain road

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast