New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hello guys,

Just wanted to know which wines are recommendable and where to get them? Reds and Whites.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bro, what do you mean ng "where to get them?"

Dami niyan sa mga airport duty free. Sa Lahat ng SM (supermarts), may mga liquor at wine outlets. Sa LandMark meron din. Along Buendia, Pasay (near Harrison and Roxas Blvd area), ang daming wine/liquor store diyan. Tabi-tabi sila.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    connoisseur

what would the wine be for? is it for a gift, home drinking?

if for a gift? what would be your budget? you can get good wines at marks and spencer, the cork, aubergine and many more wine shops.

if for home dining? where will it go with? simple rule, white on whites, red on reds...
    for poultry, fish, pasta, white wine is a good choice, red wine goes well with red meat, the degree of tartness, sweetness, dryness of the wine depends on the food that is to be served, what goes with what is a big question. On a safer side, choose a mild flavored wine with more sweetness rather than tartness, this will hold true especially for first timers.

serve you red wine at about 16*c and tempered to room temperature, 10 minutes soak on a bucket of ice is enough.

serve your white wine at a bit colder temperature than the red.

a little more fact... a red wine dictate more class, when you are sipping them in a party, it wont be mistaken as a beer, or a vodka, or any other spirit as the red hue separates it from the rest.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I know there are a lot of wine retailers around and tons of information in the net, But what I mean is..in the local scene which type of wines do pinoys go for?

Cabernet Savignon? Pinoit Noir? Merlot? Shiraz? Chanti? Bordeaux?

How often do you have wine? During formal occasions or dates? Or would you also enjoy it with friends and watching TV?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    OT

^^ Bro, dito sa Riyadh, meron din yan. Nakakalabo nga lang ng mata..........

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    OT

^^ Bro, dito sa Riyadh, meron din yan. Nakakalabo nga lang ng mata..........
    ha ha ha... sadiki!!!

ok din sadiki na i mix..sadiki and tonic o kaya with tomato juice..(bloody mary yata ang tawag)...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    need help...

Anyone here who uses a Vinturi V5000?

I've found a lot of Vinturi V1010 reviews, but I can't seem to find any for the V5000

Planning to purchase one as a gift for Christmas.

Tsikot Wine Connaisseurs