New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Top10 Manila Ramen ranking | ???????????

As a Japanese ramen consultant in Manila, I made Ramen ranking in Manila as of 2014 Jan. I can easily choose top rank ramen restaurants. That is “Daisho, Santouka, Mitsuyado Sei-Men, Ramen Ron, Yushoken, Hanamaruken”. These 7 ramen restaurants are the top grade. Next group is “Kichitora, Ikkoryu”. And last one ramen restaurant is,,, difficult to choose. Tamagoya offers usual ramen but it’s cheep. Miso-ten offers usual miso-ramen. Tampopo offers tonkatsu with ramen. Sekitori offers big ramen. Nomama ramen is Philippine based original ramen.There are lots of ramen restaurants, but difficult to choose the last,,, and I chose Go-en. It is not Japanese based ramen restaurant but it’s doing well compared to others. I appreciate that effort. So, these are the top 10 Manila ramen restaurant.

Top 7 ranking might differ depending on your preference. If you like tonkotsu, then “Yushoken, Nagi”. If you like Miso, then “Daisho”. If you like shio (salt), then “Santouka”. If you like Tsuke-men, then “Mitsuyado Sei-Men”. And also place of the ramen restaurant affects ranking.

No.1 Nagi

Nagi! It’s newly opened and there are lots of pepole. It’s in stylish area, Fort Bonifacio SM AURA. Tonkotsu base broth is really Japanese tonkotsu taste. When you eat 50%, you’d better mix Fire Sauce and change the taste. You can change the firmness of ramen, toppings based on your preference.

No.2 Daisho
    Very delicious!! The best Miso Ramen in Manila. Ramen Daisho is located along Shaw Blvd. Although it’s not in big mall, 1-2km from the center of Ortigas, lots of people go there to eat deliciou ramen. Not only ramen, but also others, such as gyoza, are delicious.

No.3 Mitsuyado Sei-Men

We could say that Mitsuydo Sei-Men started the ramen boom in Manila. It is located along Jupiter Street in Makati. Mitsuyado Sei-Men is especially famous for Tsukemen. You should try Cheese Sauce Tsukemen. It was my first time to eat tsukemen with cheese, but it was delicious.

No.4 Santouka
    Santouka is well known in Japan. You can try almost the same taste of Japanese Santouka in Manila. The best ramen you should try is “Shio Ramen”. I’m quite sure that it’s the best Shio Ramen in Manila. Now we have Santouka in Glorietta4, Mall of Asia, and Greenhills.

No.5 Yushoken

Yushoken is very very delicious!! When I first tryed it, I was surprised that I could eat this kind of delicious ramen in Manila. It’s located in Alabang,,, a bit far from center of Manila, that’s why I cannot eat so often. Because of it, Yushoken’s ranking is No.5. If I am living in Alabang, of course Yushoken is the top.

No.6 Hanamaruken
    Hanamaruken opened last November in Trinoma, Quezon City. It is Tonkotsu-Shoyu based soup and very delicious. Not too heavy, not too light. Definitely, the best Ramen restaurant in Quezon City.

No.7 Ukokkei Ramen Ron
    Ramen Ron was well known as No.1 ramen restaurant in Manila until 2012. But from end of 2012, lots of famous ramen restaurants opened in Manila. Because of it, ranking is now No.7. But Ron is still good and the taste of it won’t let me forget. Ron is located along Pasay road and always crowded. There is also branch in Mckinley.

No.8 Ikkoryu

Ikkoryu is tonkotsu based ramen, but a little light tonkotsu. When I tryed “Yuzu Koshou Ramen”, I wondered how much they put Yuzu Koshou. I like Yuzu Koshou but it was a little bit spicy. Sometimes bone contains in its Chashuu so be careful. And boiled egg taste is so so. That’s why Ikkoryu is No.8, but Ikkoryu is aggressively increasing branches: SM Megamall, Rockwell PowerPlant Mall, SM Aura, Alabang Town Center.

No.9 Kichitora

Kichitora’s ramen is chiken based and it’s a bit white. If you like chicken based, you should try it. At Megamall in Ortigas, Glorietta5 in Makati, you can find Kichitora.

No.10 Go-en

Until No.9, I can choose easily but from No.10 it was difficult. I put Go-en which is in Quezon city as No.10. Not so many people gather to this ramen restaurant. Maybe it’s because of place. But it offers good ramen. And I can feel that they are trying to do their best. That’s why I put it as No.10. If you are in near Quezon Ave. Station, you can have Japanese taste ramen, teishoku here.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Alang Tempura? Tokyo Tokyo? Booooo.

(j/k)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ok din yung Kenji Tei Ramen House.. they have one in Greenbelt 5.. sulit na din yung big bowl nila..

kung Tempura, Sushi and Sashimi, i'll go to Sambokojin..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sa bahay,

Nissins Ramen ....... :D

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hanamaruken Ramen: Happiness and Comfort in My Belly! - When In Manila

Hanamaruken Ramen: Happiness and Comfort in My Belly!

Ramen, ramen, ramen. When in Manila, ever since the craze began to hit the suburbs, I haven’t let myself pass the chance of trying one. After trying one bowl, I went for another, and another, and another, until I got lost in the heavens of the Ramen Lord. As such, my taste buds know by now how to spot what’s good and what’s not at any ramen restaurant. My personal favorite, though, would be the one made with tonkotsu broth. Since I’m not on a diet, I can slurp a bowl of tonkotsu ramen anytime that I want. I love how creamy its consistency is because it is made from pork bones that have been simmered for hours.

Well, I can now rejoice because the Ramen Lords have heard me (and my tastebuds!)! Osaka’s pride is now here at Hanamaruken Ramen, where you will easily be enticed by their great bowls of happiness!

Hanamaruken Ramen is situated at the Trinoma Mall in Quezon City. Originally, they were based in Osaka, Japan with over 40 branches, serving the same quality ingredients and taste which they take pride in, such as their falls-off-the-bone slow-cooked pork rib on top of their Signature Happiness Ramen. Even while typing that long word, I found myself drooling and reminiscing about the happy feeling that I had while devouring that ramen.

Hanamaruken Ramen has been in the industry for over 3o years now and its brainchild, Takaku Arakawa, has been mastering the art of stewing pork cartilage since then. It really is no wonder why their offerings have been clamored over in Osaka and now here in Manila! He personally trained his chefs in Japan, as well; and now that they are here, he wants to bring a smile on the face of every person who steps in their place.

Hanamaruken Ramen’s Signature Happiness Ramen|Php480 is definitely the bomb! First glance: WOW! The big bowl really painted a wide smile on my face when it was served to our table. Topped with narutomaki, negi and a large portion of their signature slow-cooked pork rib, with an added aji-tamago by request. The pork ribs are so soft and tender, and are very well-cooked – the best I have tasted thus far! The noodles are firm, as well. Just make sure to eat your bowl of happiness once served to avoid sogginess.

So When In Manila and drooling for ramen, be comforted with the happiness that Hanamaruken Ramen’s ramen can bring! Be sure to come early, though, as this place gets packed with ramen lovers. Plus, they only serve limited bowls of their Signature Happiness Ramen and you wouldn’t want to miss out on that, would you? You’ll never go wrong with their Signature Happiness Ramen. In fact, you are sure to fall in love with it over and over again!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    San sa trinoma yang hanamaruken?

Ok na ako sa ramen bar sa eastwood..hehe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    San sa trinoma yang hanamaruken?

Ok na ako sa ramen bar sa eastwood..hehe
    Katabi ng Cabalen...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sa moa may bubukas din na Nagi malapit sa Bonchon.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tried hanamaruken yesterday with my son, didnt order their totl ramen, namamahalan ako, ordered yung 380 worth pot belly something and my boy ordered yung worth 280, salary something yung pangalan...masarap naman, pero inabot kaming dalawa ng sanlibo, kasama extra egg at yung kanilang green ice tea.
    Last edited by oliver1013; February 21st, 2014 at 09:29 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hanamaruken at Ramen bar para sa akin. Iisa lang ang may ari nyan. Sya rin ang may ari ng mga beyond the box at digital walker.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast