New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Guys,
    I'm just gonna share some stuff with you when I go out and eat/drink/dine. I know good food (and cheap food) when I taste one. Feel free to add your comments, suggestions or your own food trips!

SONYA'S GARDEN

How to get there: Take the SLEX, exit the Sta. Rosa Interchange. Head on up to Tagaytay. At the Econo Inn, turn right and past the rotonda through Residence Inn and beyond the Radar Station. You'll soon see a small village on your right named "Brgy Buck Estate". Head on down until you see Sonya's sign. It's a straight road so you won't get lost.
    Wallet: 550 Pesos per head. (yes, they decreased their price)
    Grub: Starts of with a salad freshly picked from the garden. Pasta follows with a mix-your-own kind of theme. Mind you, this is a meatless pasta. Desert follows, usually minatamis na kamote and tea. The salad is the coupe de gra as it is as fresh as salads get. The pasta is a no-brainer as you can get it however which way you want, so every serving is a different kind of pasta.
    Extras: You are going to love the ambiance here. Fresh air, lots of green, and a very inviting "playground" for lovers. If you're a couple, this is a great place to dine and relax.

Sonya's is by reservation only. Call or Text +639175329097. Enjoy!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    CAFE BRETON

How to get there: Take SLEX and exit the Sta. Rosa Interchange. Go right and head for the Technopark intersection. Paseo de Sta. Rosa is on your left.
    Wallet: 200 pesos up (per head)
    Grub: Absolutely the best crepe in town. Cafe Breton encapsulates the French cafe. It has this Victorian feel to it with very friendly people. Although there isn't much choice on the menu, you really must try the crepe. We ordered a crepe filled with orange and covered in chocolate syrup with an ice cream on top (apparently called French Kiss) plus tea and coffee . It's a fabulous experience. I never even thought breakfast food like crepe could taste so good! If you have the chance, and want to try some exquisite French, this is it. Some French kissing with your partner may follow if you order the right crepe. Believe me, this is a great aphrodisiac.
    Extras: There is also a Cafe Breton in Malate. I haven't visited that place yet, but if you get the chance, write what you find out there here ok.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    JIMINI PIZZA

How to get there: Take the SLEX Northbound and it's right before the Alabang interchange.
    Wallet: 57 bucks!
    Grub: Three flavors available for a solo-sized pizza. The Burger flavor is the best among them. For 57 bucks, it's a pretty decent snack. BTW, the promo is gone, pizza is at 40 and canned soda is 17.
    Extras: This is where I usually gas up before going to Alabang or Manila. Just make sure to have enough dough for Toll Fees. (yes, I actually spent all my money one time)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    haha..!!

dun na lang ako sa jimini..!!

:mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    NAPOLI PIZZERIA RISTORANTE

How to get there: Take Commonwealth Ave., go to Fairview and it is located beside Chinabank(usually there is a black Isuzu Trooper parked there)
    Wallet: depends
    Grub: A 16-inch pizza with the price of a 12-inch pizza from Pizza Hut. There are also other stuff like pasta and heros. American-sezed serving.
    Extras: Really nice place and really cheap. Bayani Agbayani and his family eats there. There are 2 more branches but i can't remember where.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    COPPERCHINO GRILLS

How to get there: When going to Baguio City, you'll pass through Tarlac City (syempre :mrgreen, around 10-15mins after Max's Restaurant in Plaza Luisita, San Miguel, Tarlac City. It's on the right side of MacArthur Highway, infront of Philippine Rabbit Bus Main Terminal. Pag nakita mo yung MacDonald's, nalampasan mo na.
    Wallet: depends (siguro mga P100 - P200 per head)
    Grub: Sarap ng Squid Thermidore nila!
    Extras: Kakaibang ambience din ito. They used container vans as their kitchen, function room, convenience store, office is made of container vans. Yung main dining area lang anghindi container van, its made of concrete and glass all around.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks for sharing ... this is going to be useful when we run out of date ideas.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wala bang bandang marikina?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    CAFE NESCAFE

How to get there: once at ATC, go to National Bookstore near the cinemas, it's right across.
    Wallet: 70 pesos up
    Grub: This is your typical cafe. You get coffee hot or cold, baked goodies and the like. House blends are 35 a pop. a typical cookie/cake costs around 30. They have frozen coffee, which are basically Starbuck's frapuccino, for about 20 pesos less. It's a pretty decent cafe without all the husstle and bustle of Starbucks. Which is quite good if you just want to have a nice quiet sit-down with a cup of coffee. I totally recommend this place. Starbuck's it ain't, but it will get you there.
    Extras: I'm not sure if there are other Cafe Nescafes around, but if there are, you definitely must try their "coffees of the world"

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kiper18 sa star carrot sa robinsons po

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
FOOD TRIP!