New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Stay away from Chinese milk products, says BFAD

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 09/19/2008 5:57 PM

The Bureau of Food and Drugs (BFAD) on Friday advised mothers to stop buying Chinese milk products following reports that four children have died amid a China health scandal.

"I would advise the parents or mothers it’s better to probably buy milk brands from reputable companies…For the moment, stay away from [milk] products coming from China,” BFAD Director Leticia Gutierrez told ABS-CBN News Channel.

Gutierrez said that while Chinese milk brands are not available in Philippine market, she has instructed BFAD inspectors to collect samples from different milk distribution outlets for testing. The samples will be brought to the BFAD laboratory for testing of presence of toxic chemical melamine, a chemical normally used in plastics but which can be used to mask low protein levels in foods.

“For the last two days, the inspectors have gone around and they’ve not found any milk powder manufactured by Sanlu group,” she said.

At least four babies have died and some 6,244 other infants have become sick after consuming melamine-contaminated milk products. The scandal snowballed late this week, with the government admitting that melamine had been discovered in regular milk and other dairy products such as ice cream, leading to mass recalls across the country.

The Chinese government’s quality watchdog has released an initial list of milk manufacturing companies using the deadly toxin.

The companies were:

1 Shijiazhuang Sanlu Group Co
    2 Shanghai Panda Dairy Co Ltd
    3 Synutra International Inc
    4 Shanxi Gucheng Dairy Co Ltd
    5 Jiangxi Bright & Hero Dairy Co
    6 Baoji Huimin Milk Co Ltd
    7 Mengniu Dairy
    8 Duojiaduo Dairy Industry (Tianjin) Co Ltd
    9 Guangdong Yashili Group Co Ltd
    10 Hunan Peiyi Dairy Co
    11 Heilongjiang Qining Dairy Co
    12 Shanxi Yashili Dairy Co Ltd
    13 Shenzhen Jinbishi Milk Co Ltd
    14 Guangzhou Shien Dairy Co
    15 Guangzhou Jinding Dairy Co
    16 Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co
    17 Ausmeadow Nutriment Co Ltd
    18 Qingdao Suncare Nutritional Technology Co Ltd
    19 Xi'an Baiyue Dairy Co Ltd
    20 Yantai Leilei Dairy Products Co Ltd
    21 Shanghai Bao'anli Dairy Co Ltd
    22 Fuding Chenguan Dairy Co Ltd
    as of 09/19/2008 5:57 PM

Kaya ingat sa pagbibili

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I know that Chinese products are cheap, but life is precious. That's why when it comes to food, I don't buy anything that came from China.

I used to be very keen on visiting China, but after all the food scare, I've changed my mind already. Imagine, even Starbucks which is an American food chain wasn't spared since I heard that they source they milk locally. So there you are thinking that going to an international food chain would assure you of food safety but not. It's a good thing that none of the athletes got ill from drinking milk from China during the Olympics.

Were you guys able to watch the news item where they were making siopao out of cardboard? The horror! And mind, you this was their special

I still love Chinese food though but I'll gladly have my fix here in the Philippines.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    when I was in China a year ago, I read an article about a man who ate something from a Chinese Restaurant there. 3 days later, nag-perspire lang ang kalahating bahagi ng likod niya. and it never stopped since.

parating basa ng pawis yun half ng body niya. naka-t-shirt sya, naka-long sleeves sya for work, parating basa para na nabuhusan ng tubig.

the chinese doctors cant find a cure. the only think they can theorize, may nakain siya na may organism that's attacking the brain or that brain function that controls perspiration. THAT SCARED ME! kahit sa HK, never na ako naglook back dun sa mga squid or octopus na binebenta sa kalsada.

ano kaya ok pa kaya kumain sa chowking like yun halo-halo and yun nai chan tea? how about milk chocolates na made in china na nabili sa groceries?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We were in Beijing last month for the Olympics. We never tried any street food. Pero, sabi nga, even hotel foods can have these issues... Sa hotel na nga kami kumain at drank only bottled water....

Oooppss... I just remembered that we ate in a restaurant in the vicinity of the Great Wall....

6707:choir:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We were in Beijing last month for the Olympics. We never tried any street food. Pero, sabi nga, even hotel foods can have these issues... Sa hotel na nga kami kumain at drank only bottled water....

Oooppss... I just remembered that we ate in a restaurant in the vicinity of the Great Wall....

6707:choir:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron ako na-receive na pps presentation dati, showing several yummy dishes on a table. sabi sa caption e "chicken? duck? or something else..." suppose to be that there are restaurants in china that present in their menu chicken and duck dishes but those were actually something else. anyway in reverse order yung pictures dun sa pps presentation. so after nung picture ng yummy dishes, e next picture were of the cooking, then of the cut meat in a big pan, then the cut meat alongside a chopping board with a half-butchered carcass of something definitely not chicken or duck. next were pictures of RAT that hade been cleaned, then a picture of someone burning off the hair from the rat body, then dead rats, then rats in a cage. THE RATS DID NOT LOOK LIKE FIELD RATS, MORE LIKE SEWER RATS.

sarap!

sayang na-virus kasi 2 months ago comp ko kaya na-reformat ko, lost the file already.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta food lalo na sa mga baby wag na mag tipid. or kung hindi maiwasan don sa mura pero branded or kilala na. mahirap yung susugal ka sa ngayon mo lang narinig.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    meron ako na-receive na pps presentation dati, showing several yummy dishes on a table. sabi sa caption e "chicken? duck? or something else..." suppose to be that there are restaurants in china that present in their menu chicken and duck dishes but those were actually something else. anyway in reverse order yung pictures dun sa pps presentation. so after nung picture ng yummy dishes, e next picture were of the cooking, then of the cut meat in a big pan, then the cut meat alongside a chopping board with a half-butchered carcass of something definitely not chicken or duck. next were pictures of RAT that hade been cleaned, then a picture of someone burning off the hair from the rat body, then dead rats, then rats in a cage. THE RATS DID NOT LOOK LIKE FIELD RATS, MORE LIKE SEWER RATS.

sarap!

sayang na-virus kasi 2 months ago comp ko kaya na-reformat ko, lost the file already.
    Totoo ba yan boss Yebo?

Dam they don't even spare baby foods!

I swear I won't buy anything made in China... Oh crap everything's already made in china!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kasi gusto natin mura, indi lahat ng mura maganda...

meron nakapagsabi sa akin na meron nagbebenta ng fake fruit cocktail, milk, coffee and more sa isang at mga supermarket dito sa pinas...

kawawa naman pinoy...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    fake fruit cocktail? matindi yan kumbaga sa gasoline byproduct lang ang LPG, sa processed fruits byproduct ang fruit cocktail, tapos napeke pa din. tsk tsk tsk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Stay away from Chinese milk products!