New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RANT:

We are regular customers at a Starbucks branch near our place. I'm not really a coffee drinker so I order whatever I feel to drink at the moment, or I just share with my wife or kid. My son always orders Chocolate Cream Chip Frapuccino (with add choco chips on top).

Recently, this branch of SB won't allow us to add chip on top anymore. They said it's not according to their standard. They can add the chips, but must be blended together with the drink. So, ok. If that's their policy, then so be it.

Now, we've been to several other branches of SB and in each of them we ordered the same drink for my son and with add chips on top. There were no mention of anything that would prohibit them to do the add chips. They just did it like it was the norm.

So back to this SB branch near our place. Tried to ask them to allow the add chips on top. But was turned down again, stressing their standards what-the-heck. They won't budge even when I told them that several other SB branches doesn't have a problem doing it. Even showing them a picture of the frap with chips on top my wife took in one of the SB branches.

I don't know what's the problem with the barristas on this particular branch. We are their regular customer, we go there almost everyday, sometimes twice or thrice in one day. They know us by name already. Why won't they allow this simple request? Don't they care about the needs of their loyal customers?

Their argument that it is not in their company standards to put unblended chocolate chips on top simply won't cut it. May I ask what's their standard for a cup of Cafe Americano? Can I take one order and go to the condiments station and pour in a full cup of creamer? Will they disallow it? What if I'll add 10 sachets of sugar, will they now kick me out of their store because it's not according to their standards?

The reason there's a condiments section in each branch of SB is for each customer to be able to mix the right amount of whatever they want to mix for the coffee to suit their taste. So what standards are we talking now? How is the mixing of creamers and sugar different from adding choco chips on top of a frap?

I'm posting this not because my kid really wanted their chocolate chips on top. He didn't even complained the first time they disallowed it. Heck, I can just bring my own chocolate chips and put it myself.

What pisses me is how the barristas at this particular branch of Starbucks treat their loyal customers. They don't know how to take the extra mile to give an extra satisfaction for their customers.

I have already emailed Starbucks Philippines about my concern and still haven't received a reply until now.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Parang nangag*go lang ano.

Payag sila, pero kailangan i-blend. WTF. Eh di ilagay nalang nila sa ibabaw instead i-blend nila.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ang labo naman nun. Bakit kelangan blended lang. Tapos sila lang naman ganyan? weird ah?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Masyado yatang by the book yung barista.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Parang nangag*go lang ano.

Payag sila, pero kailangan i-blend. WTF. Eh di ilagay nalang nila sa ibabaw instead i-blend nila.
    baka nga lumalabas pa niyan walang added choco chips talaga eh....kunyari na lang ibi-nlend. kasi pag nai-blend na.....di na halata. pwede nilang sabihin na humalo na yung chips sa frap.

tinitipid yung choco chips?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Boybi dapat conyowwwtic accent para sundin ka nila talaga

Pag ang pagkasabi mo "americanowww" ibang usapan na daw haha

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Boybi dapat conyowwwtic accent para sundin ka nila talaga

Pag ang pagkasabi mo "americanowww" ibang usapan na daw haha
    Naku, hindi maniniwala sa itsura ko kahit conyotic or mag american accent ako

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    bakit ba dyan sa probinsya parating nagbibilang? yan ang hate ko sa province, eh even in Bora. masyado nagbibilang

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    boybi, patayo ka seattles best sa tapat.:D

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    sir subukan mo i-email yung customer support nila, sigurado ako after few days iba na store manager jan sa branch na yan. kalokohan yung policy nila, sariling policy lang sigurado ng store manager yan.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Starbucks: company policy first or customer's request?