New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Starbucks has a very small presence here in Australia. They can't compete against the local baristas who've been in business for much longer and which provide the same products at a much lesser price.

That said, Starbucks is over-rated. I'd rather patronize a local coffeshop than a congolmerate that sells over-priced coffee.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    for a cup of P100++ coffee..you can feed a starving family for a day here in mindanao
    Heck, for the price of a cup of coffee at Starbucks, I can buy one of those 36-packs of the usual 3-in-1 coffee.

Thing about Starbucks is, people happily spend three-digit figures for a cup of caffeine fix, but complain of P35 petrol.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    1. Some people make a big deal out of it.

2. It's really not to pa-soci, but social climbers are like excited to go there.

3. Kaya madaming gadgets cos some SB branches have free wi-fi.

4. SB is just over-rated like what kokonat said.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    you guys also noticed that if you are in SB or in other coffee shops, nagkalat ang gadgets ng mga customers?

laptops, high-end phones, PDAs, IPODS, etc....

parang convergence ng mga kulang sa pansin ba? ehehehhee

I go to Starbucks/Seattle's/CBTL/UCC because i dont have an espresso machine yet. We have the best coffee beans here (Batangas and Baguio) no reason to buy foreign brand. Dang machine is so expensive (i think 80k yung nakita kong italian brand). I will have that soon. Sometimes, it pains me to think that the coffee cup i just bought is equivalent to a day's, sometimes, even week's food budget of a typical Filipino family. Kainis nga eh, whenever i do charity work or help in one, naiisip ko, di na ako bibili ng super expensive na coffee but when i feel drowsy especially when driving, i park and buy coffee from these shops.

I miss the coffee shop in Batangas where we had to stop over, 10 pesos per cup of coffee. grabe ang sarap!

It really entertains me to see people feeling so upclass and important by just buying a cup of coffee. Some even act as if they own the place. hahaha.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    for a cup of P100++ coffee..you can feed a starving family for a day here in mindanao
    i guess the monthly fee you pay for your DSL subscription can also feed the same family for one whole month.

i'm not a starbucks fun, i go there only when with friends or relatives, and it is the only decent hangout place here in our area.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Thing about Starbucks is, people happily spend three-digit figures for a cup of caffeine fix, but complain of P35 petrol.
    LOL!

So very true.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    parang convergence ng mga kulang sa pansin ba? ehehehhee

I go to Starbucks/Seattle's/CBTL/UCC because i dont have an espresso machine yet. We have the best coffee beans here (Batangas and Baguio) no reason to buy foreign brand. Dang machine is so expensive (i think 80k yung nakita kong italian brand). I will have that soon. Sometimes, it pains me to think that the coffee cup i just bought is equivalent to a day's, sometimes, even week's food budget of a typical Filipino family. Kainis nga eh, whenever i do charity work or help in one, naiisip ko, di na ako bibili ng super expensive na coffee but when i feel drowsy especially when driving, i park and buy coffee from these shops.

I miss the coffee shop in Batangas where we had to stop over, 10 pesos per cup of coffee. grabe ang sarap!

It really entertains me to see people feeling so upclass and important by just buying a cup of coffee. Some even act as if they own the place. hahaha.
    Hahahahaha where on the same page bro. Dami ko nakikitang ganyan. Mostly students, pero may iba din na call center agents. You know panget panget feeling mukhang mayaman, hahahahaha! Tapos paguwi sabahay pagalitan ng parents sabihin "anak, bakit ka umutang pang-starbaks wala na nga tayong pambayad ng kuryente". Hahahahha

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Gusto ko lang naman kasi sa starbucks ay ang location nila. I frequent starbucks corinthians and starbucks tiendesitas. Dito lang ako nakakapagtrabaho ng matino. Okay din ang parking. Dun ako naupo sa may sofa para hindi masakit sa fuet.

Medyo may kamahalan na nga ang mga drinks nila dito. May nakapagsabi sakin na okay daw sa kopiroti? Saang coffee shops pa ba may wifi na mura lang. Badtrip din ang mochablends napakamahal din yan.
    All coffee shops in Galleria! =) Kahit sa Gloria Jean's ka na lang kahit wala ka bilin hahahah basta dun ka sa labas. Kahit saan naman yata sa mga Robinson's malls.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    1. Some people make a big deal out of it.

2. It's really not to pa-soci, but social climbers are like excited to go there.

3. Kaya madaming gadgets cos some SB branches have free wi-fi.

4. SB is just over-rated like what kokonat said.
    #1: I'll be the first guy to admit that I'm addicted to coffee. My wallet does overpower my addicition though.

#2: Starbucks isn't necessarily pa-sosy. However, the brand has a fashionable image, which attracts the sosy/pa-sosy crowd so much.

#4: Overrated and overpriced.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Meron talagang mga coffee lovers na very particular sila sa taste ng coffee e nadidistinguish nila yung taste pag Starbucks, Figaro, Jaimaican, blue Mountain etc. Meron rin hinababol yung ambience. Katulad Starbucks Intramuros, historic daw yung place, kakape ka raw sa mismong wall ng walled city
    Last edited by Zeus; February 26th, 2007 at 02:41 PM.

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Starbucks chairman warns executives of damage to brand