New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like eating japanese food, especially now that there are places where you can eat japanese food without emptying your wallet.

Now there is this place near Greenhills Shopping Center called TEMPURA. I've eaten here when it was a week old. The food was great but the chicken terriyaki wasn't as good as at Terriyaki Boy.

Tonight, my wife and I went back there to have dinner out. We ordered futo-maki, gyodon, seafood ramen and some shrimp tempura.

Here's my take:
    -futomaki: the menu mentioned 5 pieces but our order arrived with only FOUR. We mentioned it to the waiter but he said, "mali lang ng hiwa". Not satisfied with his answer, we asked him to make another order of futo-maki. This time it arrived 5 pieces and it seems the pieces were just as thick as the first order our waiter brought over.... HMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm, so what happened to the first order??? The waiter/cook/chef did a sampling to check if the food was good???

-gyudon: my most often order "rice-topping" in japanese restaurants. In my previous dinning experience in Tempura, the meat was moist and soft and there was a lot of sauce in the rice to make it nice and flavorful. Tonight, the meat was kinda "overcooked" tough and there was barely enough sauce to give the rice a slight color... hhmmmmmmmmmm

-seafood ramen: well, my wife ordered this... among other stuff mixed into it is some squid... which was probably tough as leather because she couldn't bite through it. The noodles probably came from chow-king by how it tasted... hmmmmm

-shrimp tempura: probably the only good order we had tonight. It better be, because it's the restaurant's damn name!!!

Basically we weren't happy when we left... and probably be the last time we'll be eating there

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sinumpa ko narin yang tempura na yan dito sa tomas morato....

nothing special naman and eng eng mga waiters...baguhan sobra...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa tempura, retiro kami usually kamakain (diba ungas?). ok naman, hassle lang ang parking.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Originally posted by afrasay
    sa tempura, retiro kami usually kamakain (diba ungas?). ok naman, hassle lang ang parking.
    yup, ako din dati madalas dyan sa Retiro branch..ok naman...hirap nga lang parking...mas ok sa gabi...daming parking space sa tapat..(red ribbon & metrobank ba yun?)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup.. i think retiro is the main branch...ok naman dun...

tama sila ser afrasay, hens...konti lang parking space.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    nagutom ako bigla :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok naman yung food for me, bagal lang ng service.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by racerx
    nagutom ako bigla :D
    :D :D :D di bale mamya ka na lang bumawi

ssaloon::: mukhang hindi ka makatulog. don't worry they would be too dumb to go back to the scene of the crime.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    ok naman yung food for me, bagal lang ng service.
    oo nga... mas matagal mo pang nagantay kesa kainin yung order mo....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dito sa angeles city eat all you can tempura and roast beef tuwing friday

400+ per person

sa maranao grill, near oasis hotel
    friendship road near clark

afrasay dito yata kayo na check in nung pinatubio trek natin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
restaurant: TEMPURA