New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    ... more users of more electricity, more income for them.

Lahat kasi trying to cut down on use of expensive electricity like high efficiency lighting via CFL or LED bulbs.
    Hehehe....

Sabihin kasi nila bro na malaki na ulit ang available na power (electricity) dahil nag-alisan na ang mga industriya sa Pilipinas,- sa sobrang mahal ng kuryente...

16.4K:bond:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    bawal ba ang buong bahay ang naka inverter?
    i mean kung magpapagawa ka ng inverter na malaking watts para sa consumption ng buong bahay para makatipid ka ng 50%.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    bawal ba ang buong bahay ang naka inverter?
    i mean kung magpapagawa ka ng inverter na malaking watts para sa consumption ng buong bahay para makatipid ka ng 50%.
    Well... centralizing the losses from on-board device inverters used for TVs and computers would be more efficient... but not all appliances in the house use DC, do they?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Any steel bottomed cookware works.
    Any FLAT steel bottomed cookware.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Depends where you're at. In the province where electricity is supplied by a cooperative, induction enables me to save on the cost. If in Metro Manila, I need to do some cooking in the dirty kitchen so I can use LPG or coal. Our electric bill here in the metro is 9x higher than in the province. Crazy. Makes me wonder why in the US, we only paid 100USD per month for electricity in Detroit. We had been using electricity so extensively, heater is on 24/7, etc. In a friend's apartment in LA she just pays her landlord 50 USD. Also, my just widowed friend in CT, she has 4 TVs on simultaneously almost 24/7, light is on even when she is away for work, so with her heater, she still pays 100USD. Why don't we rally against the abuses of Meralco? I wish to have more time to study their charges and file a class suit.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    Depends where you're at. In the province where electricity is supplied by a cooperative, induction enables me to save on the cost. If in Metro Manila, I need to do some cooking in the dirty kitchen so I can use LPG or coal. Our electric bill here in the metro is 9x higher than in the province. Crazy. Makes me wonder why in the US, we only paid 100USD per month for electricity in Detroit. We had been using electricity so extensively, heater is on 24/7, etc. In a friend's apartment in LA she just pays her landlord 50 USD. Also, my just widowed friend in CT, she has 4 TVs on simultaneously almost 24/7, light is on even when she is away for work, so with her heater, she still pays 100USD. Why don't we rally against the abuses of Meralco? I wish to have more time to study their charges and file a class suit.
    Its nice to have cheap electricity...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    Why don't we rally against the abuses of Meralco? I wish to have more time to study their charges and file a class suit.
    Because Manny Pangilinan and his Indonesian Boss have all the Pinoy politicians in their backpockets.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Any FLAT steel bottomed cookware.
    Use the "free" pot that comes with most induction cookers, and the bottom won't be flat for long. The induction range heats it up so quickly that the cheap tin buckles and discolors right away.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you're alone in your house, sure, it can be cheaper than LPG.

Cooks very fast, can boil water in just a little over a minute. We're on our 2nd unit. First one shorted out because the soup overflowed and flooded the circuit. So, lesson learned. only buy touch controlled, glass (or glass-ceramic) ones so that even if it overflows during boiling (at 280 Celcius), it's ok. We got it for about 2,500. Niky is correct that the free cookware is crap. You need thick stainless cookware for sautéing and frying. We currently use nutritech cookware but I personally like Solingen and All-Clad. I've been looking for locally made surgical grade solid stainless cookware but I haven't had any success yet.

If you're in a family of three, with a wife who loves to cook for you delicious food you can't buy anywhere, no, there's no way induction can be cheaper. It's just super efficient as almost every watt consumed is converted to food heat but it uses massive amounts of electricity. We just chose to use induction because we have an infant in the house and we don't want her to inhale gas fumes as she can easily access the kitchen area. I'm afraid the range hood airflow isn't enough.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Induction cookich, cheaper than gas stove?