New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Manila has an extremely trendy food scene. A lot of restaurants have come and gone both good and bad. Some places that I miss are A&W, pop-eyes, Orange Julius, Happy Burger, Big Daddy's, and a good number more that I can't remember.

What about you folks? Are there any restaurants that you all miss?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Mommy Thai originally from UP tapos biglang nabuhay sa Ortigas area then nawala na naman!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Mr. Ho Chin Ho Chinese Resto sa may Domestic Road then sa may Edsa Extension then it totally disappeared. Food is not necessarily excellent but the fact that it's open 24 hours is just perfect to tone down after a drunken night out.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I find it sad that it's the good restaurants that close shop. Such under appreciated gems. Here are my favorites:

- Mi Piace - it was one of the best Italian restaurants in the metro and reasonably priced at that. It is a good place to have a quiet dinner where you can really enjoy your food without the noise usually associated with Italian restos. The tables are well spaced and acoustics are mute.

- Le Souffle Greenbelt/Fort - it's one of the long standing french restaurants I knew of. its service is top notch, the staff really make an effort to get to know their diners which makes their service more personal.

- Je suis gourmand - one of the nice casual french restos

- Pepato - this I could not understand. Pepato is one of the best dining experience I have ever had. All their dishes are good. This is the restaurant that made me a fan or Margarita Fores. Cafe Bola is another restaurant that I wish would reopen in Makati, this is where I first had adobo flakes.

- El Comedor in old Greenbelt

- Schwarzwalder in old Greenbelt

- La Primavera in el Pueblo

- Carl's Junior - I love their onion rings! I still remember their huge branch in Pasay road!

- Magoo's Pizza - I had fond memories of this place as a child in Magallanes.

- Little Caesar's Pizza - I think I still have some of their coupons. Good value for money.

I also miss those old Magnolia ice cream houses and Coney Island as well.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 12th, 2013 at 12:09 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Makati Supermart sa landmark in the 90s, best spaghetti that ever existed.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I find it sad that it's the good restaurants that close shop. Such under appreciated gems. Here are my favorites:

- Mi Piace - it was one of the best Italian restaurants in the metro and reasonably priced at that. It is a good place to have a quiet dinner where you can really enjoy your food without the noise usually associated with Italian restos. The tables are well spaced and acoustics are mute.

- Le Souffle Greenbelt/Fort - it's one of the long standing french restaurants I knew of. its service is top notch, the staff really make an effort to get to know their diners which makes their service more personal.

- Je suis gourmand - one of the nice casual french restos

- Pepato - this I could not understand. Pepato is one of the best dining experience I have ever had. All their dishes are good. This is the restaurant that made me a fan or Margarita Fores. Cafe Bola is another restaurant that I wish would reopen in Makati, this is where I first had adobo flakes.

- El Comedor in old Greenbelt

- Schwarzwalder in old Greenbelt

- La Primavera in el Pueblo

- Carl's Junior - I love their onion rings! I still remember their huge branch in Pasay road!

- Magoo's Pizza - I had fond memories of this place as a child in Magallanes.

- Little Caesar's Pizza - I think I still have some of their coupons. Good value for money.

I also miss those old Magnolia ice cream houses and Coney Island as well.
    meron pa magoo's pizza usually sa puyat sports sila nakapwesto. there's one in eastwood and in tropical in cainta.
    i miss yung kabuki japanese restaurant in greenhills before when i was a kid, it's where chili's stands now.
    of course who could forget about cindy's where they beat jollibee and mcdonalds in taste, wonder what happened na nawala ito.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Oh. There's magoo's pa pala.

I forgot to include Struan & Tang's at Ortigas and Pasay Road. This is where I used to go when I want some quiet or alone time. I love thei hakaw.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    chateau verde inside UP diliman campus.. we would suffer crosstown traffic just to eat here.
    sr thai. the branch beside the office closed down. i wonder if the ust branch is still open.. operated by a thai native.
    tropical hut quezon ave near delta. the best hamburgers before the payaso and the bubuyog..
    that small chinese restaurant inside the grocery (disappeared, too) along quezon ave corner delta.. beside st mary. the pancits were great.
    magnolia ice cream house where rob magnolia now stands. i could never tire of their creme de menthe.. even now, i can't find their green creme anywhere.
    burger machine across pgh! ...saved us from starvation during duty nights. their cheeseburger and dessert even made it to the society page of the broadsheets.

our budgets may have been small, but our tummies were in gastronomic heaven!

as an aside, there's this hole in the wall in hongkong, serving the plainest roast duck and rice at a good price. we kept going back whenever we were there, ordering via sign language. one even bought a couple of (cooked) ducks and brought it home.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 12th, 2013 at 01:10 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    meron pa magoo's pizza usually sa puyat sports sila nakapwesto. there's one in eastwood and in tropical in cainta.
    i miss yung kabuki japanese restaurant in greenhills before when i was a kid, it's where chili's stands now.
    of course who could forget about cindy's where they beat jollibee and mcdonalds in taste, wonder what happened na nawala ito.
    Cindy's is the place to be...

Yung tropical hut di ko alam kung meron pa pero kung meron pa man parang pawala na rin. Last time i ate sa may quezon ave malapit sa crossings ata.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    May Tropical Hut pa sa BF Paranaque. I ate there about 2 years ago.

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast