New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I'll drink to that! Hic!

Cheers to a hearty mug of beer | Food and Leisure, Lifestyle Features, The Philippine Star | philstar.com
    MANILA, Philippines - Don’t forget to say “cheers” to a healthy heart the next time you enjoy a mug of beer. Did you know that you are reducing your risk of heart disease as you booze? Here are some benefits of the liquor that is not only a well-known match for broken hearts, it actually mends them—literally!

Beer raises levels of good cholesterol. High-density lipoprotein or HDL is the good cholesterol that helps arteries from getting clogged. Studies show that a beer or two a day raises levels of HDL, the friendly scavenger that cruises the bloodstream. HDL removes harmful bad cholesterol from where it doesn’t belong. It scrubs the inner walls of blood vessels called endothelium, preventing damage that can lead to heart attack.

Beer lowers levels of bad cholesterol.In reverse, drinking beer help remove low-density lipoprotein or LDL from our system. The bad cholesterol clogs the artery, forming a bump in the artery wall called a plaque. When the surface of the plaque ruptures, the blood clot formed can cause a heart attack.

Beer thins the blood. Research shows that drinking even moderate amounts of beer can affect blood coagulation -- acting as a “blood thinner.” This indicates a bottle of brew can ease the flow of blood to and from your heart.

Beer lowers blood pressure. A Harvard University study found that moderate beer drinkers were less likely to develop high blood pressure, a major risk for heart attack. The research also shows that beer can lower blood pressure better than sipping wine or spirits.

But how much should you drink? Scientists say roughly 12 ounces of beer, the amount usually found in one bottle or can. Keeping in mind the importance of not overdoing too much of a good thing, beer can be considered a part of a health regime. The tactic is to keep everything in moderation and drinking responsibly.
    20.9K:lotsocoffee:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tara bro!
    mamam tayo!

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Go Go Go! :cheers:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    thanks sir CVT sa info
    now i have a good reason to drink beer
    makadaan nga sa suking Mini Stop for my fave Cerzesa Negra

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Kaso 1 bottle/can lang pala. Bitin eh, huwag na lang. Red wine na lang, tama lang yung 1 bottle.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I usually have a six pack chillin inside the fridge.

Mas healthy pa yata to open a bottle of beer (as a thirst quencher) than opening a can of soft drinks eh.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I usually have a six pack chillin inside the fridge.

Mas healthy pa yata to open a bottle of beer (as a thirst quencher) than opening a can of soft drinks eh.
    Softdrinks is full of sugar and it is carbonated. Diabetes at cancer ang makukuha lang sa kakainom ng softdrinks.

As of now, mas prefer ko ang beer over hard drinks.

Hmmmm, may Bud ako sa ref na di ko pa nabubuksan

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Yeah. When I was fixing my cars last weekend, I opened a beer instead of the usual coke-in-can. Okay din pala! I always see it in the movies, mechanics opening a can of beer ... ginaya ko lang.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    beer fanatic din ako.
    red horse ok lang?
    alam ko pag sinabing beer, yung pilsen eh.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    tanduay ice ba beer din or GIN?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast