New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Would you buy canned goods if they were produced in plastic containers?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

1 16.67%
  • Maybe

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is a proposal from the government to use plastic containers in place of the metal cans to keep the prices of good down.

What do you think? Would you think its a good idea? Would you buy the same items if they were packed in plastic?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hmmm... Is it really cheaper?

Will it last as long? Or would the plastic become contaminated, or the other way around, the food will be contaminated by the plastic?

We can't recycle the plastic, can we? I think the tin cans can be recycled.

Hmmm...tough question. What if you throw glass jars into the mix?

I'll sit on the fence here. "Maybe" for me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it will not be called "canned" goods anymore if they will be stored in plastic containers.

imho, the quality of storage in plastic is a little bit lower than let's say, storing it in a glass jar.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    my primary concern would be whether or not the packaging would react with the packaged food and release toxins and stuff. pero kung hindi naman, ok lang. some people actually believe na it's a bad idea to package food in tin cans, coz nagrereact daw ung pagkain sa bakal

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think what they are proposing is the same as how they pack hotdogs and similar processed meat in plastics. Ok lang basta vacuum packed at bacteria free. Yun nga lang yung plastic hindi biodegradeable...............

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i think the best talaga for storing food stuff is glass -- nonreactant talaga sya; you can even stick marbles into your body at walang mangyayari sa yo -- wag lang nga mabasag. of course if you're crazy enough to do this to yourself, i don't think the marbles are your biggest problem B).

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    parang tetra pack? ok lang siguro since ginagamit na naman yun for packing matagal na din

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think issue ang freshness and preservation of the food itself kung di sa lata.

ako medyo against ako dyan because philippines is not a recycling-intensive country. Ang narerecycle lang lagi ay lata, so mas friendly sya sa environment. Plastic, although madali irecycle, mas madali itapon at bumabara sa drainage na mas mabilis.

less packaging, less waste... hirap ang modern world.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sa point of view nman ng mga store owners, plastic containers are vulnerbale to pests. unless the rats have chainsaws for teeth, mas protected ang canned goods.

of course, you won't buy foods stored in containers na mukhang teether ng bata.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    kung mag kasing haba sila ng storage life oki lang pero there are instanced where i still prefer the canned ones over plastic containers. pero yung iba naka foil pack na like zesto, mas handy nga naman specially pag mag camping ka

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Canned goods in plastic containers...