New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Hit 2 birds....Duma shouldn't be missed....Ninja's 2nd home.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    when in dumaguete, the giant sizzling bulalo of dumaguete royal suite inn is a must.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    when in dumaguete, the giant sizzling bulalo of dumaguete royal suite inn is a must.
    Yup. An order each.[emoji4]
    And, never ever miss to book at least 1 Adamo dinner.[emoji106][emoji108]

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    man you know the shiiit! accessible ba lahat ng places na yan with a rental car? Id be stuck in the city with a car though lol.
    lahat naman iyan sa south accessible w/ a rental car.

as for the northern islands of bantayan and malapascua, they aren't though because they're pretty far from the mainland of cebu. but i think you can leave the car in a paid parking lot near the seaport.

sadly, these 2 aforementioned islands i have yet to visit. but soon, i'll be hopefully addressing those little wrinkles.
    Last edited by baludoy; April 27th, 2019 at 09:19 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    lahat naman iyan sa south accessible w/ a rental car.

as for the northern islands of bantayan and malapascua, they aren't though because they're pretty far from the mainland of cebu. but i think you can leave the car in a paid parking lot near the seaport.

sadly, these 2 aforementioned islands i have yet to visit. but soon, i'll be hopefully addressing those little wrinkles.
    Cars can be ferried to Bantayan....And, there's Camotes off Danao, too. If you want a good scenic provincial route, head west, then north. Balamban to San Remegio....miles & empty lanes of good reflection drive.[emoji106]

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ ah so there's a ferry going to bantayan pala.

Maybe it's the same case w/ malapascua? But i heard the roads at malapascua are narrow. Pang motorcycles lang ata

I'vr heard about camotes islands too. Pero iyan ata malayo na talaga sa mainland bro. But it's practically untouched by tourism.

Siyangapala, i think bantayan island na daw mag host at mag replace sa "laboracay" events

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^ ah so there's a ferry going to bantayan pala.

Maybe it's the same case w/ malapascua? But i heard the roads at malapascua are narrow. Pang motorcycles lang ata

I'vr heard about camotes islands too. Pero iyan ata malayo na talaga sa mainland bro. But it's practically untouched by tourism.

Siyangapala, i think bantayan island na daw mag host at mag replace sa "laboracay" events

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    Bantayan & Camotes have better road infrastructure than Malapascua.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last edited by baludoy; April 30th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    hmmm... I have seen almost all episodes (I think Vietnam and Indonesia na lang)

And personally, I really didn't like the Cebu episode.(I haven't read the links above so this is based on my personal opinion)

... I really don't think we Pinoys have "street food"

If you have a guest from another country, saan mo sya dadalhin? And what will you recommend?

IMO, same case with Singapore, Hawker Centre's are food courts! (so yes Malaysians have the right to be upset that they didn't get an episode)

As for my personal experience with the food featured...

I queued 5 hours for Raan Jay Fai's Crab Omelet. 1 thing the show never mentioned... With her food, napag-aral nya sa Sydney yung daughter nya, she decided to go back to help her mom. (You also need to look for her if you want to reduce the spicy level of your order)

The Osaka Izakaya shop? Ang haba ng pila ng tourists/office workers dun especially after office.

Singapore's Putu Piring, she already has 3 shops...

Cebu? will you really go to that place to eat eel?

While on business trips. One thing I like when I visited Mumbai, dinala ako sa street food place then the host told me "this is our street food" but we won't eat here since he doesn't want to bring me to the hospital later. Dinala nya ako sa hotel that serves the same food (but according to him, iba pa din flavor nung nasa street)

Singapore, Straits Kitchen sa Grand Hyatt (and sometimes Hotel Jen) has a buffet that only serves Hawker food...

Can you recommend a Philippine hotel that only serves Philippine Street Food?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    hindi ko na pinanud yan pero tanchado ko na gusto lang ng pinoy makisabay para kasali sa netflix.

wala tayo streetfood na masarap, its more of pangkahirapn hindi pangkasarapan.

Kung meron man ang masasabi ko lang na malinis matino masarap eh kakanin. Yan na yung streetfood ng pinas and truly the food of our ancestor. Coconut, bigas, muscavado eh dito tumutubo.

The master of streetfood eh si hongkong. They have 23 michelin star streetfood ah. Uilitin ko STREETFOOD tapos michelin star. Ganyan kahlupet. (parang nadagdagan pa nga eh.)

Si japan nga natawa ako dahil nangsusuhol pa yung iba para makakuha lang michelin star pati yan may pulitika pa. And japanese food is super overrated. It looks good but the taste you cannot eat everyday. Its just pasosy food.

Dito sa pinas ang pagkain natin eh pang fear factor. Ano ba iyayabang natin. Nilagang baboy??? My gawd amoy chubbing maasim, Paella? Its glorified kanin baboy and its not pinoy. Adobo lalo na because we use soy eh sa chinese yun. Adobo dapat coconut aminos. Dinuguan please lang sa buong buhay ko isa or dalawa beses ako kumain nyan at napakabata ko pa nun at ginalang ko kasi yung nakakatanda nagsasbi sa akin kainin ko pero tiis to the bones ako.

The only pinoy food i like eh chicken tinola. The combination is perfect.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    The only pinoy food i like eh chicken tinola.
    Chicharon Bulaklak left the group.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast