New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I love Hoegaarden What could you say about German beers? I tried Oettinger na but I don't like it so much. My German boss recommends Krombacher and Radeberger but I haven't found it anywhere here in Manila.
    Cathy, disclaimer lang ha, hindi ako authority sa beer, hehehe, my knowledge is limited only to the recommendations of the bartender during bar hops and what they say about it.

Krombacher is one of the most popular beer in Germany and is the one recommended by the bartender during our stop over in Frankfurt. Chimay is strong while Krombacher is light.

I picked Lufthansa Airlines because of their in flight beers, they serve Warsteiner beer. Mild carbonation, light and crisp.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Its a bit odd. We go head over heels over imported beer and whatnot, then here come the germans, the spaniards, the italians, the americans etc swearing from head to foot saying that SMB is the best beer that they tasted. I don't know, maybe because they're too "sawa" na on their own brands?

My (former) scottish boss was drinking SMB everyday like it was water, even while at work! Anyway, am just saying. Cheers!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I love Hoegaarden What could you say about German beers? I tried Oettinger na but I don't like it so much. My German boss recommends Krombacher and Radeberger but I haven't found it anywhere here in Manila.
    yung barkada ko sa germany, halos lahat ng beer pinatikim niya sakin along with chocolates (habit niya ngumata ng tsokolate habang umiinom), until pinatikim niya yang krombacher. sabi ko pang bebot ata kasi para lang tubig at walang amats, ipinagmamalaki pa naman ng barkada ko.
    hanggang sa naintriga ako dun sa nakalagay sa bote na "mindisten haltbar bis". nirisearch ko "best before" pala yun, tapos yung ininom ko na krombacher 3 months na palang expired.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^^^

hahahahahahaha! .. oops sorry ha!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    Cathy, disclaimer lang ha, hindi ako authority sa beer, hehehe, my knowledge is limited only to the recommendations of the bartender during bar hops and what they say about it.

Krombacher is one of the most popular beer in Germany and is the one recommended by the bartender during our stop over in Frankfurt. Chimay is strong while Krombacher is light.

I picked Lufthansa Airlines because of their in flight beers, they serve Warsteiner beer. Mild carbonation, light and crisp.
    I think you know enough to make good recommendations! I'll take a mental note of Warsteiner beer.

OT: Did you notice if FRA looks like Terminal 3?

Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    yung barkada ko sa germany, halos lahat ng beer pinatikim niya sakin along with chocolates (habit niya ngumata ng tsokolate habang umiinom), until pinatikim niya yang krombacher. sabi ko pang bebot ata kasi para lang tubig at walang amats, ipinagmamalaki pa naman ng barkada ko.
    hanggang sa naintriga ako dun sa nakalagay sa bote na "mindisten haltbar bis". nirisearch ko "best before" pala yun, tapos yung ininom ko na krombacher 3 months na palang expired.
    My German boss gave his stamp of approval on Krombacher nga. I would like to taste it straight out of a bottle. Did your friend bring canned ba?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I think you know enough to make good recommendations! I'll take a mental note of Warsteiner beer.

OT: Did you notice if FRA looks like Terminal 3?

My German boss gave his stamp of approval on Krombacher nga. I would like to taste it straight out of a bottle. Did your friend bring canned ba?
    FRA Terminal 2 looks like Terminal 3.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    FRA Terminal 2 looks like Terminal 3.
    You have a very good eye sir!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ^bote. parang the bottle size can be compared to red horse or colt45's.
    watchout, you're gonna have a losers belly there my friend. but who cares.
    just drink like you're gonna be laid on a soiree night!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    ^bote. parang the bottle size can be compared to red horse or colt45's.
    watchout, you're gonna have a losers belly there my friend. but who cares.
    just drink like you're gonna be laid on a soiree night!
    I don't drink to get drunk naman

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    tried coors beer (yellow can) and it was good enough for me :beer:

still ice cold red horse in the "early rounds" it is for me.

Sent from my cm omega hd using Tapatalk 2

Best Beer for you