New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi fellows.

I chanced upon an article in the internet revealing the ill effects of aspartame, such as leukemia, auto-immune diseases etc. It even suggested that aspartame is even worse than sugar itself. It suggested that 1 can of soda is enough intake of aspartame for a day. Kind of controversial because of the commercial implications to the beverage industry.

Recently, i saw a lot of powdered drinks (buko pandan, gulaman, melon, buko, pineapple) being peddled in the sidewalks of a know commercial area. These "drinks" are in 500 grams packages which the label claims is enough for 10 liters of juice drink. Obviously, these are aspartame drinks because so little powder can sweeten a lot of water. Question is, are these safe? Yes it claims it has FDA approval but does it mean that anyone can consume it in any quantity?

Scarier though is that the buyers of these powdered aspartame drinks sell it in school canteens, because it is profitable and convenient. But what is the long term effect of consuming so much aspartame at such a young age? I would not want want my kids drinking too much of these things.

How about you, fellow tsikoteers??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin, anything that is too much is harmful.
    yung mga nagtitinda ng samalamig, they are using sub-grade aspertame, which makes it more harmful. if you consume a glass everyday, definitely, it will take its toll on you soon.

asan ba si otep?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i'm gonna die

i drink a lot of coke zero

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So its the choice of looking slim and dying of some cancer early or getting a bit fat and living longer?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 4th, 2012 at 05:56 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ummm...

that's tough

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung mamatay, mamatay ka talaga kahit US marine ka pa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Am sweet enough ..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Am sweet enough ..
    Nasobrahan nga ata eh...

So how much is too much? Too much of anything is just bad really...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Meh. Those warnings about aspartame are mostly myths. But truthfully, you shouldn't drink too much aspartame, anyway... and you should always be conscious of the "Best before" date on the label of anything containing it.

Also be warned that you cannot cook it, because that breaks down the aspartame into something pretty nasty.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    So its the choice of looking slim and dying of some cancer early or getting a bit fat and living longer?
    Best to ask the resident health Guru ... OB!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Aspartame... How much is safe??