New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Man, PI moved up a lot.... back in the day when the only car you can buy new was a toyota from Delta Motors.

Who does servicing of these euro cars over there? Any good independent shops or just the casa?

Is it that easy to bring euro cars over there now or it's still who you know at customs department that counts?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    there are a lot of available euro cars here in the philippines .... you really dont need to import it yourself na unless what you really want is not available here ... but majority of the euro exotics are available here in the philippines already

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    stocks are moving up. the peso is steadily appreciating. interest rates are falling. inflation is falling. and, to top it all of, we are now a net lender (as against a net borrower).

and oh yeah, less and less showbiz personalities are winning elections. (lets not underestimate the masa -- slowly, yet steadily, we are learning how to exercise the right of suffrage carefully)

yep, its finally a good time to be in the philippines

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup... there's a few ferraris over here. i've already seen a few f430s roaming around. there's a ferrari-jag-land rover authorized service center here although a few other service centers can service these exoticas.

nicolodeon even reports that one multi-millionaire here in bulacan has a collection of exoticas... 599 fiorano, lambo, carrera gt, slr, etc. so far i've only seen his clk55 roaming around here.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    there is a local distributor of ferrari cars here. its in ortigas.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yup my friend has a couple, a few of their collections include a carrera gt, a shelby cobra, a bentley and 19 other porsches

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenhillsKid View Post
    Man, PI moved up a lot.... back in the day when the only car you can buy new was a toyota from Delta Motors.

Who does servicing of these euro cars over there? Any good independent shops or just the casa?

Is it that easy to bring euro cars over there now or it's still who you know at customs department that counts?
    you don't need to import a car yourself nowadays, just go to the dealership - for the mainstream brands anyway like ferrari, maserati, audi or porsche. (but if you wanna get a donkevoort or a saleen, it's still who you know in customs hehe)

as for service, there are both independent shops and the casa. there's even a guy who can do home service on italian exotics hehe.

Ferrari in P.I.