New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselNUBI View Post
    let's be realistic. hindi na uso ang porke love mo lang ung tao e bibigay mo na ang lahat. loving someone is different from marrying someone.

Exactly! Practical na lang ang babae ngayon. Some cannot marry just for love.

But is this a good principle to follow? Would you marry a woman like that?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cablespy View Post
    here's the scenario:

1. You are rich or potentially rich.

2. You are engaged.

3. You find out from a source that if you weren't rich your fiance would not marry you anymore and find someone else or rather stay alone.

4. She truly loves you but just doesn't want to marry a guy who can't give her a luxurious life.

Would you still marry her?
    If you are rich (the actual "richness" is really relative but I assume money is more than enough to live a posh lifestyle without hurting the bank account) then the point that your future wife wants a luxurious life is a null point.

Typical girl wants to be able to go shopping without worrying if her shopping will affect the grocery budget. If you can also have annual or bi-annual vacation trips to local & abroad, she will love that.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Exactly! Practical na lang ang babae ngayon. Some cannot marry just for love.

But is this a good principle to follow? Would you marry a woman like that?
    if you think that's practical, maybe you ought to know what could possibly happen if you marry her then she eventually finds and gets entangled with someone else a lot lot richer than you (i.e. and better in all respects)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano kaya baligtarin naten?

ikaw mahirap. babae mayaman. mahal mo sya. pero alam naten lahat mahal mo din ang pera nya. occasional gifts like watches, cellphones, t shirts etc. pero mahal mo talaga sya kahit panay regalo syo.

now may lumabas na source na mahal mo lang daw sya dahil sa regalo.

ika nga isang malaking chismis yan. a source is not 100% reliable. confront her and ask if it's true.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not all cases are like that. if the woman feels safe and secure (financially, physically, emotionally) then there is nothing to fear. as breadwinners it is our responsibility to provide them all those.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Tell her you'll be donating all your properties to the less fortunate and you would like to live a simple life...

You should sound very serious syempre para seryosohin ka. Then ask her again if she would still want to marry you...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005

3. You find out from a source that if you weren't rich your fiance would not marry you anymore and find someone else or rather stay alone.

4. She truly loves you but just doesn't want to marry a guy who can't give her a luxurious life.

Would you still marry her?
    I won't.

And #3 is incompatible with #4.

The problem is a lot of people confuse "desire" and "need" (for affection or attention) with love.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    No way. I'm not really fond of leeches. hehehhe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselNUBI View Post

ika nga isang malaking chismis yan. a source is not 100% reliable. confront her and ask if it's true.
    It's not chismis. Sinabi sayo in a positive way na even though she loves you she won't marry you if you weren't as well off as you are now.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    given that scenario she does not truly love you. my advice is :***: her and drop her like a hot potato. i'm serious.
    IDB FTW!

my response to the thread question is a 100% NO. knock on wood, if you married her and financially, things took a downturn, she'd drop you like a hot potato and move on to the next rich guy.

i hate insincere people. screw 'em.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Would you marry a woman if ...