New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'm already a father with 2 daughters. Living separately from my parents for more than 10 years na.

Don't get me wrong, walang problema sa relationship namin. I enjoy talking to them, etc. OK lang pag bumisita sila, kuwentuhan, kainan.

Pero pag dito na natulog parents ko sa amin. After 2 or 3 days I feel drained. I can't pinpoint why.

I have a couple of theories though. Maybe because I'm an introvert and I need my "alone" time. Or maybe I'm the head of the family, and if my parents are here eh hindi ako ang "head".

I wonder though if I would feel the same way kung may makikitulog dito sa amin na iba tulad ng kaibigan or ka officemate.

Meron din bang ganito sa inyo?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I'm already a father with 2 daughters. Living separately from my parents for more than 10 years na.

Don't get me wrong, walang problema sa relationship namin. I enjoy talking to them, etc. OK lang pag bumisita sila, kuwentuhan, kainan.

Pero pag dito na natulog parents ko sa amin. After 2 or 3 days I feel drained. I can't pinpoint why.

I have a couple of theories though. Maybe because I'm an introvert and I need my "alone" time. Or maybe I'm the head of the family, and if my parents are here eh hindi ako ang "head".

I wonder though if I would feel the same way kung may makikitulog dito sa amin na iba tulad ng kaibigan or ka officemate.

Meron din bang ganito sa inyo?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    Is this not an issue with the wife?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Sa wife nga dapat special case itong kay sir bratpaq siya pa na drdrain considering sariling erpats n ermats niya.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You're the king of your home and having something someone of authority, or visitors keeps you up and on your toes.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kung dad ko bumisita oks lang dahil cool naman yon. Mom ko ang medyo mahirap pakisamahan. Sya yung type na nagagalit bakit di daw pwede pumunta ng 168 on a Saturday during Christmas season. Lagi pa akong napapagalitan while doing my normal Manila driving moves.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ May second river ka pala kapag kasama mo mom mo.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    You're the king of your home and having something someone of authority, or visitors keeps you up and on your toes.
    Yup, pressure to please everybody kasi even if parents mo pa yan. I feel the same way although hindi ako na-dra-drain 'coz my mentality is at the end of the day, they can all they want but i'll do what i want.

Just relax, baka you're impressing them too much din naman hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You're just accustomed to serving only your own family. With your parents around, you'd also be, perhaps unconsciously, looking after them as well...

- Where will they sleep or if it's comfy enough
    - Cooking the right menu, especially for older folks who are health-conscious
    - Worried about your children's behavior in front of your folks
    - Worried about leaving the wrong impression on how YOU run things at home
    ... and so on

Suffice to say, that's quite normal. You did watch "Meet the Parents", didn't you?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    When my parents come over, I book them in a hotel (they pay for it of course) and let them use one of my cars, my father knows his way in and around Makati so its a big plus. I just invite them to the house for lunches or dinners. They won't stay at my house in Cavite, hindi daw sila "makagalaw" doon ....... whatever that meant.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Strange..

Sa akin naman ayaw nilang tumigil ng matagal. Mahaba na yung isang gabi. Lagi kasing nag-aalala sa mga naiwanan sa kanila (amin). Kambing, baka, kalabaw, manok, hehe.

Palagay ko pre, nag-alalala ka baka may masabi ang misis mo. Kung very good naman ang relationship, then live normally. Bigyan mo lang sila ng space para makagalaw, or else, aabalahin ka talaga.

Why do I feel drained pag nasa amin ang parents ko ng ilang araw?