New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

White Lies Women Tell Men
    By Maui Reyes for Yahoo! Southeast Asia – Mon, Jul 22, 2013 2:55 PM PHT

Everyone lies. In fact, if anyone tells you that he or she doesn’t, well, that’s a lie, too. According to a study published in the Journal of Basic & Applied Psychology, people tell an average of about two to three white lies every ten minutes. What’s more, a study conducted in Britain found that men tell about 1,092 lies a year, compared to women who tell about 728 fibs.

While men and women are both guilty of being real-life Pinocchios, it’s interesting to know how their fibs differ. Men mostly tell lies to make them look good. Women, on the other hand, mostly tell them to spare hurting others, or to make others feel better.

Here’s a run down of the top X white lies—those are seemingly harmless ones—that women tell men.

Their ***ual history.
    No matter how ***ually liberated our society is, many women still believe that there’s a double standard when it comes to the thickness of one’s little black book. Two studies conducted at separate times at Ohio State University found that both men and women lie about their ***ual behaviors to match gender expectations. In the first study (conducted in 2003), women in the study added more years to when they actually lost their virginity, and downscaled the number of men they’ve slept with. In the second (conducted this year), half the respondents were told they were being hooked up to a working lie detector test. The ones hooked up to the lie detector divulged that they have had as many ***ual partners as men, while those who weren’t connected to the lie detector still gave a lower number.

How great the *** was.
    It’s natural for women to not want to hurt anyone’s feelings—so why ruin the party by telling a guy that he wasn’t exactly a god in the sack? Oftentimes, women who are in long-term relationships also believe that *** is only a part of their man, that it can be overlooked if he’s great at other stuff (like cooking, or making her laugh.)

Her weight.
    There are moments when women feel the need to lie in order to make themselves feel good—and nothing can make her feel worse than watching numbers fly by on a weighing scale. A 2011 survey found that around 70% of women in the Unites States lie about their weight. Women in Britain do the same, with about 2/3 of survey respondents shaving off an average of nine pounds on paper. The reason? In our celebrity-driven culture, women feel compelled to have the same weight as slim, often-underweight stars.

“I had a wonderful time!”, “I’ll be extremely busy this weekend,” “Sure, I’ll call you.”
    Women don’t want to be heartbreakers. So instead of telling men “I’d rather wade through flood waters than spend ten minutes with you,” women will most likely make up an excuse before going out of her way to avoid him.

How she loves his friends.
    Girlfriends and wives don’t like being perceived as the “clingy, possessive” type. Drinks out with the guys? Have a good time! Call of Duty gaming party? Don’t forget the beer! While women usually don’t have a problem with their man’s friends, well…they do. They do have a problem. Especially with the irresponsible, chauvinistic, rowdy, and deadbeat ones. But since women want to appear accommodating and understanding, they’ll suck it up and smile through the beer belching, ***ist comments, and stories of one-night stands.

“Nothing’s wrong. I’m fine.”
    No, she is not fine. Why? It could be because of work. Or family. Or friends. Or maybe, even her man. Will she tell her man? Of course not. Why? Because men are supposed to be mind readers and figure it out themselves. Is it unfair? Well, yes. So deal with it.
    source: White Lies Women Tell Men

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "Nothing's wrong, I'm fine"

This, is the start of many a fight or a cause of frustration because you know they're not fine.

Re. number of ***ual partners. American Pie really said it. ;) One day back in college, one of my teachers came in depressed on a conversation he had with some students and figured out that the girls seemed to even be more promiscuous then the guys.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Pretty Li'l Liars, huh?....

20.2K:flush:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Her weight.
    locally ... Her height.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Mas madami atang white lies men tell to women.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Ouch guilty ako sa last one..nothing's wrong..im fine..minsan kasi ayaw mo sirain yung moment or if ayaw mong mamroblema yung partner mo..there are things na itatago mo na lang kesa pag awayan nyo..minsan kasi pag sinabi mo what's wrong nagiging defensive yung guy eh then ayun na simpleng bagay pag aawayan na..hindi lang naman girls yung ganito e..guys din gamit na gamit yang line na yan then bigla na lang sasabog..dami na palang sama ng loob

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    regardless. in the end, a lie is still a lie.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Yes a lie is a lie no matter how big or small it is..no matter how good the intention is..we betray the trust of the ones we love..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If someone won't tell me what's wrong. I'm good with it just don't come running when everything fell apart.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

#retzing

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    Ouch guilty ako sa last one..nothing's wrong..im fine..minsan kasi ayaw mo sirain yung moment or if ayaw mong mamroblema yung partner mo..there are things na itatago mo na lang kesa pag awayan nyo..minsan kasi pag sinabi mo what's wrong nagiging defensive yung guy eh then ayun na simpleng bagay pag aawayan na..hindi lang naman girls yung ganito e..guys din gamit na gamit yang line na yan then bigla na lang sasabog..dami na palang sama ng loob

from the other thread:
    Honestly when you're in a relationship natututo kang magcompromise but of course old habits are hard to break..if it's for the better then i'd probably say yes i'll change pero if it's something na ok naman and you see nothing wrong with it tapos gusto lang ng partner mo just because then i'll say no..ibang usapan na kasi yun..may question na sa pagkatao mo eh..One thing I've learned pag nainlove ka hindi pwedeng mawala yung voice mo..hindi pwedeng oo na lang ng oo..most of the time you have to let your partner know na hindi ka comfortable or you don't agree..hindi kasi pwedeng isa lang ang nagdedecide sa relationship..love without acceptance is worthless..you have to accept na each of you is different..you can't impose things sa partner mo..when you love someone hindi mo sila kailangan baguhin coz in the first place alam mo na ganun na sila e..you have to look past the imperfection only then na masasabi mong mahal mo talaga sya..no ifs no buts..

blib ako kay patti dami na kasi relationship experience taas ng level of maturity

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast