New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    imho,,,
    ang pera, iniimpok/tinitipid/ginagasta/ pero hindi minamahal
    ang pera, sana ay hindi pagsimulan ng away lalo nsa sa pamilya- at mas lalo na sa in-laws...
    ang pera kinikita-(c0me & go), pero ang relasyon, parang salamin (ingatang magkalamat)
    ang pagsasabi ng tapat, pagsasama ng maluwag...
    para hindid sumama ang loob mo- huwag mo hanapin ang ugali mo sa iba;
    kung ganun ka (kabuti), ang iba hindi...
    its (still) better to give than to receive,
    believe! ... and it shall return a hundred-fold...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    In laws are family, if they need help then, help them but don't expect them to pay back...write it off...hinde naman malaking amount...but I'm surprised that she went directly to you and hinde sa asawa mo...

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    Yep, in fact nasa family code pa yan. Di ko lang matandaan kung anong article. Hehe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DBanker
    imho,,,
    ang pera, sana ay hindi pagsimulan ng away lalo nsa sa pamilya- at mas lalo na sa in-laws...
    ang pera kinikita-(c0me & go), pero ang relasyon, parang salamin (ingatang magkalamat)
    I wish you can still say that kahit inaabuso ka na at binabastos harap harapan bro. Nauunang namamatay ang mga taong sobrang bait.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sa kin kasi eh hint na yung pa 1k to 5k na utang na di babayaran eh. your MIL is testing kung hanggang san pisi mo.

iniisip nya, di ko naman binabayaran yung utang ko datim siguro kahit di ko na bayaran na, mukhang kaya naman nya. or nagiisip nang kung ano-anong justification yan sa isip nya like "swerte ka naman sa anak ko eh" or "isipin ko na lang tulong sa akin to ng anak ko".

from what im reading is di pwede yung gusto mong mangyari kung ayaw nilang gawin, gusto mo kausapan ka which is pag sinimulan mo eh siguradong pagmumulan ng tampuhan or gulo.

kung di naman malaking bagay sa yo yung 40k eh hayaan mo na lang at wag mo na lang pautangin ulit.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DBanker View Post
    imho,,,
    I like what you said bro...

Iyon nga lang, may ilang abusado...

I-abot mo ang kamay mo,- hilagpos niya ang buo mong braso.... (tangay pa ang singsing, relo at bracelet mo)... :hysterical:

18.4K:sun:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    wala na singilan yan, asa ka pa. pag siningil mo yan magagalit na sa iyo, di na ikaw peyborit manugang. ikaw na ang bad boy.

utangan mo na lang siya, tapos ikaw naman ang hindi magbayad. e di quits lang.
    Strangely, being asked for money, giving in or not to that request, always put you in an awkward situation...

Damn if you do, Damn if you don't

Out of your control. A Catch 22.

Kaya,- huwag na lang magpautang...

18.4K:sun:
    Last edited by CVT; March 5th, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Discuss it with the wife first and try to set a good timing to ask your mom-in-law, if you decide to collect.

If it's a one time thing then maybe you can write it off but if it becomes habitual and you see the balances increasing, then you better evaluate your stance on lending to her. I've had bad experiences lending to relatives (with my own mom at that!) so I've learned that it's quite important to make sure to draw the line as well. It's good to help when it's really needed but they also have to realize that they cannot fall back on you always and likewise have to be in charge of their own finances.

In the same way, i would not borrow from family unless it's really an important matter and if ever i do, i will make it clear from the onset on when the repayment will be.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I got the same experience but we were still going steady, the mom borrowed 25k from me, then after a week or so went to me again for another 25k for a business venture. Then she issued PDCs to me. When the date of maturity came I deposited it one by one, alas, daif. I asked my significant other to help me collect the sum her mom borrowed from me. To cut the long story short, the mom did not bother returning the sum but her daughter paid for it "hulog" system without interest. Indeed a hard lesson learned on my part.

Talk with your wife about this and let her be the one to ask from her mom, that's the best way imo. Good luck.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    i guess better communication with your mother in law Minsan sa totoo lang nauuna ang hiya kaysa magsalita which is wrong. Marami na ako na encounter nahiya sila magsabi, until you confront them in a nice way .

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're set on collecting, tell the Kumander about it. Di bale nang siya ang magalit sa iyo, I'm sure when she gets to her senses, she will recall that you were only trying to help.

Unless she specifically told you about her Mom being that way, and telling you not to lend her. Then she'll take longer to forgive you.

Mahirap kasi niyan, if you don't tell the wife, then the Mom might take advantage of the situation and/or ikaw pa ang mapasama. She might feel slighted if she hears from the Mom about the "loan" -- possibly asking for an extension or condonation -- before you tell her

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast