Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I would recommend immigrate.

Kaya na isa lang magwork

read here pre : Pinoy to Canada - Home

Quote Originally Posted by marktams86 View Post
    Hi.

I just want to ask for your opinion, advise, experience, 2 cents on a roadblock we are encountering.

as you all know, I've always been planning to buy our own house for my family para maka alis na dito sa parents ko, we have a few savings para sa downpayment nang house. but with all the things happening here in the country and sa kawalang kwenta nang gobyerno my wife and I got to think if we should use the savings instead to have our papers processed to migrate to Canada.

My only concern is our 3 year old daughter. We're worried on who would take care of her if ever we migrate there, kung kaya ba na isa lang muna mag work sa amin and isa maiwan sa kanya. So there, I hope I could hear your usual wisdom. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ok lang naman mag-migrate. the grass will always be greener on the other side of the fence di ba. basta pag dating mo dun don't fall into the trap into which many people who suddenly find themselves in the land of milk and honey fall to. too much credit, too much work, then fail to bestow upon their children the values their own parents so painstakingly instilled in them - hard work, education, etc. and there is also the trap of the "first job". kung ano unang dinatnan na trabaho dun e yun na lang, satisfied na. dating engineer sa pinas tapos pag dating sa abroad e security guard na hangang mag-retire. i have nothing against menial/low paying jobs. basta huwag mo lang bibitawan yung pangarap mo.

nag-try din ako mag-migrate nuon, sa US naman. kaso lang e mababa sweldo na ino-offer sa akin. kaya ko naman pala kitahin sa pagiging ofw ng hindi nagma-migrate so bumalik din ako sa pinas after 3 years looking for a better paying job there. di lang nga natuloy ang balak ko na mag-masters degree dun. no regrets, i met my wife when i went back to pinas so happy ako.
    Agree with your point of view, bro.

Do not lose track of your dreams. Keep on pursuing it/them.

19.2K:book:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thank you all for your suggestions. this will really help in weighing our decision. hopefully maging ok lahat nang plano namin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Tough choice. Do you think you can progress in your career here? Your wife? Do you have the kind of jobs that are marketable and make you 'pirateable?' Are the companies that you work for growing and have good track records in promoting deserving people? If the answer is yes to these then you should stay.

I was in your same situation. Disillusioned. Impatient. Grass was greener on the other side. Etc. But i stuck it out here. Im employed and have had no handouts. But am doing okay now and have no regrets. I dont have any specific professional skills...im just your normal juan in a normal business profession.

Having said that, if the answer is 'no' to my questions above then maybe Canada is a better option for you. But be prepared to work workdays and weekends. You get more of the material things there but you will have little time for yourself. Every single moment ( unless youre rich ) will be spent trying to keep your head above water .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    had a chance to work in Canada way back in 2008 in O & G industry, but when I ask what's the prevailing temperature there the reply i got was minus 32 deg C.
    biglang urong ang aking b*y*g kahit alam kong may thermal suit naman kasi offshore location siya.
    so i politely decline the offer dahil ang sobrang lamig ang deal breaker talaga para sa akin
    if the offer was made during my younger days, most likely i'll grab it

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Tough choice. Do you think you can progress in your career here? Your wife? Do you have the kind of jobs that are marketable and make you 'pirateable?' Are the companies that you work for growing and have good track records in promoting deserving people? If the answer is yes to these then you should stay.

I was in your same situation. Disillusioned. Impatient. Grass was greener on the other side. Etc. But i stuck it out here. Im employed and have had no handouts. But am doing okay now and have no regrets. I dont have any specific professional skills...im just your normal juan in a normal business profession.

Having said that, if the answer is 'no' to my questions above then maybe Canada is a better option for you. But be prepared to work workdays and weekends. You get more of the material things there but you will have little time for yourself. Every single moment ( unless youre rich ) will be spent trying to keep your head above water .
    Don't get caught in the vicious cycle... Learn to control your spending....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Don't get caught in the vicious cycle... Learn to control your spending....

I agree! But in Canada and in the USA its hard not to buy a house when the payment terms are like 35 years to pay with super low interest rates. And of course, there's the car, education, college, insurance, medical bills, day care, gas, food, vacations, Xbox One (!!!) and PS4 (!!!) , outlet shopping, etc. It all adds up when you're in the land of plentiful.

... hence gotta control spending! Good luck in your life decision! Make it count.
    Last edited by EQAddict; May 29th, 2013 at 10:54 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I agree! But in Canada and in the USA its hard not to buy a house when the payment terms are like 35 years to pay with super low interest rates. And of course, there's the car, education, college, insurance, medical bills, day care, gas, food, vacations, Xbox One (!!!) and PS4 (!!!) , outlet shopping, etc. It all adds up when you're in the land of plentiful.

... hence gotta control spending! Good luck in your life decision! Make it count.
    Tama ka naman diyan bro.... You are exposed to all of those luxuries and so there is "the tendency to keep up with the Joneses"...

Pero, kahit saang lugar,- you have to control yourself...

19.3K:chop:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ganyan ganyan yung mga kakilala ko sa Australia.. pagka kuha nang bahay.. paglaki nang mga anak.. kuha ulit nang isa pang bahay.. utang ulit.. dapat tig isa nang sasakyan.. pati mga anak dapat may sasakyan din.. ayun patong patong ang utang.. baka hanggang 70 sila nag wo work pa.. tapos yung mga anak.. ayun.. ugaling OZ na din.. ni hindi na marunong gumalang.. puro sakit nang ulo.. wala kasing nag babantay.. pareho kasi silang nag wo work.. eh di yung mga anak nakiki adopt lang sa mga kaibigan nilang OZ.. kaya ganon..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    ganyan ganyan yung mga kakilala ko sa Australia.. pagka kuha nang bahay.. paglaki nang mga anak.. kuha ulit nang isa pang bahay.. utang ulit.. dapat tig isa nang sasakyan.. pati mga anak dapat may sasakyan din.. ayun patong patong ang utang.. baka hanggang 70 sila nag wo work pa.. tapos yung mga anak.. ayun.. ugaling OZ na din.. ni hindi na marunong gumalang.. puro sakit nang ulo.. wala kasing nag babantay.. pareho kasi silang nag wo work.. eh di yung mga anak nakiki adopt lang sa mga kaibigan nilang OZ.. kaya ganon..
    Hindi naman siguro kami magiginh ganoon. When we get there we'll make sure to save up and not give in to the temptations of material things. ang aim lang talaga namin is to earn more and to at least provide something better for my daughter.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast