New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with 1D4LV and skybison, you just really have to take the plunge.

It takes a little adjustment and reasonable belt tightening in the first few years but before you know it, you're well on your way to attaining your dreams and goals. Being independent also keeps your head on as you know you don't have any fall backs to make ends meet. If you're both working though, it would be good to start off at a place near your relatives if possible so if there's any emergency they can easily check on your place/kids.

I know some families though that really insist on keeping their kids at bay (yung iba, gagawa pa ng compound). It's also the case with some that one of the children has to stay with the parents...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by skybison View Post
    haha, yun din inisip ko eh.

Tiis talaga, pakita mo na kaya mo itaguyod pamilya mo.
    Ako kasi after nakapagtrabaho umalis na ako sa poder ng parents ko. Sobrang strict ng dad ko - kalalaki ko pa naman.
    Nagsimula ako sa bedspacer! Hehe, mga crew sa jollibee kasama ko pa nuon.

My only difference siguro kaya nakapagipon is that nakabuo kme ni mrs after 3yrs pa.

ayun.... ganun din kami.... kami naman, nakabuo, 6 years after we got married.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Would you still remember kung magkano ang minimum wage that time? malaki na ung 7k during early 90's.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by skybison View Post
    well, in the first place bakit ka nagpamilya na hindi mo pa kaya?

moving forward, that's your risk living with your parents/siblings. Like 1D4LV said hindi talaga kayo makakilos ng maayos magasawa/pamilya nyan. Tiis talaga at matuto mabuhay within your means.

We rented a condo(small/1bedroom) weeks before we got married, after a year naglipat kme sa mas malaki na apartment(2br), then ngayon after two years nakapagipon na pangdown ng sariling bahay. Tumaas kasi ang rent and nasasayangan na kme (hindi na kaya ipikitmata).

Life is all about choices.
    To answer your question sir, my wife now got pregnant while I was still building my career.. I have no regrets naman, I mean it was actually a sign for me to settle down and be more responsible... But still ang hirap pala pag di napag planuhan...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

Would you still remember kung magkano ang minimum wage that time? malaki na ung 7k during early 90's.
    can't remember.. pero definitely, hindi kami nakaminimum wage nun.... near minimum nga lang. minimum wage ata nun nasa 2.5k/month. kami 3.8k/month.... in fact, job grade 1 ako nun eh dahil newly grad lang...

note nga pala.... kasama pa commute ang food costs nun sa budget ha? since we were both working in makati..... and yung 7k/month, combined income na yun.

pero yes, mura pa bilihin nun.... if i remember it right, 200 pesos lang ata kuryente namin nun, and 500/week ang ulam namin.... yung LPG namin, inaabot ng 3 months isang tangke. and i think ang pamasahe namin sa FX nun is 20 pesos lang per head, one way.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; March 11th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    1960's laki na kaya yung 7k ni 1D4LV
    Hehehe... yan yung unang naisip ko din. But still, 7K combined income in the early 90s was the going rate right?

BTW, just because you get the girl pregnant, it doesn't mean you must get married (although yes, that is the ideal dream ending scenario right?). We should always get married for the right reasons as in the long run, it will still be the children who will suffer the consequences of a bad/failed marriage. I've been there and thankfully, after counseling, we decided that we were both not ready to be married. We eventually went our separate ways but continued to raise our kid responsibly and made her feel that she was loved on both sides of the fence, and things continue to work out well. Mas nahirapan lang ako since i already had a kid to support from day one of working but heck, it all pulled through and i actually became more responsible with my finances because of that.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    ang galing talaga dito sa tsikot.. di lang wisdom sa cars ang makukuha mo pati wisdom sa buhay malalaman mo...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marktams86 View Post
    ang galing talaga dito sa tsikot.. di lang wisdom sa cars ang makukuha mo pati wisdom sa buhay malalaman mo...
    hwag lang pasukan ng troll....

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    nagsimula kasi lahat nyan sa ano.... sa......

pagpapaputok sa loob
    . :banana3:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

karamihan dito sa tsikot ay responsableng ama. maalaga na sa kotse, maalaga pa sa pamilya. sabay kidlat.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast