New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    You know you're getting old when...

...you finally admit that you're getting old.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When you slipped in front of a crowd and they all panic and actually worried about you instead of laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when i slipped and fell recently,
    before i attempted to get up, i first went over my torso, neck, and all my extremities, to the fingers and the toes, to see if anything was broken.
    when i was young, i would simply get up and carry on.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mukhang common na talaga to have first child ng late 30s and early 40s. Just this year, former officemate ko and a schoolmate that are both early 40s nanganak. Talagang life begins at 40 for them.

But with all that's happening, what's in store for children. I have girl friends na ayaw ng mag anak

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Mukhang common na talaga to have first child ng late 30s and early 40s. Just this year, former officemate ko and a schoolmate that are both early 40s nanganak. Talagang life begins at 40 for them.

But with all that's happening, what's in store for children. I have girl friends na ayaw ng mag anak

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Because of economic instability. Noone wants to bring children into the world unless they're stable, and most people only become stable in their 30s.

Gone are the times that you enter a company in your 20s, work there for 30 years with fair wages, build a family in that same time frame.

Wages for rank and file workers have only grown 12% over the past 40 years. CEO wages have grown 940%, executive wages have grown 340%.

That is what happens when you treat wages of workers as a cost to be optimized, while you tie CEO compensation with company profitability. It becomes a carrot for CEOs to keep employee wages low so that the company turns a profit and they in turn get big bonuses.

In developing countries and SMEs you can change CEO to business owner (who directly profits from the company) and the above scenario remains.

Big businesses have also been able to lobby to government to allow the above to remain as status quo.

CEO compensation has grown 94% since 1978: Typical worker compensation has risen only 12% during that time | Economic Policy Institute

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    educated women usually postpone marriage / having children

wala kasi kilala si Cathy na jolog

yun ung mga teenager palang nabubuntis na

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Because of economic instability. Noone wants to bring children into the world unless they're stable, and most people only become stable in their 30s.

Gone are the times that you enter a company in your 20s, work there for 30 years with fair wages, build a family in that same time frame.

Wages for rank and file workers have only grown 12% over the past 40 years. CEO wages have grown 940%, executive wages have grown 340%.

That is what happens when you treat wages of workers as a cost to be optimized, while you tie CEO compensation with company profitability. It becomes a carrot for CEOs to keep employee wages low so that the company turns a profit and they in turn get big bonuses.

In developing countries and SMEs you can change CEO to business owner (who directly profits from the company) and the above scenario remains.

Big businesses have also been able to lobby to government to allow the above to remain as status quo.

CEO compensation has grown 94% since 1978: Typical worker compensation has risen only 12% during that time | Economic Policy Institute

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Spot on... capitalism's evil side at its worst.

Sent from my SM-N960F/DS using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My wild friend and I were talking about my college love and she mentioned that he doesn't have that glow of success, which was true so that turned me off and made me feel a bit better kahit na his GF looks like me!!! I immediately thought of crush (glow of success) and sent her his picture.

And this was the reaction I got. Meron kasi talagang alpha stance and when you look at a guy nagra radiate talaga! Kaya women are magnetized by men like crush.

I think I met crush at his peak (looks, career, maturity etc) Though there is a large possibility pataas pa ang career kasi he is only 40s e

Last edited by _Cathy_; July 5th, 2020 at 10:52 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My Paulinian friend asked for a photo of my Dad and I found her reaction so amusing. I was always proud of my Dad because he takes care of his looks (Mom ko din naman but that is a given with women)

Men are lucky na their looks do not deteriorate with age, in fact, some peak in their 40s. Back in HS, some of my friends had a "crush" on my Dad hahaha! So apparently 2 decades later and my Dad hasn't lost his appeal

Last edited by _Cathy_; October 26th, 2021 at 04:44 PM.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
life begins at 40