New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've been depressed for the past few months because I have to work as an employee for money. It's my dream to be an entrepreneur talaga. I read somewhere that if you 100% depend on your salary for a living then you are not financially secure because ideally we should have passive income or money working for us.
    yes you're definitely not financially secure if you're an employee

what if for some reason you can't work na?

wala ka na income

you gotta have something that generates income even if you just stay home and watch TV all day

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

wala ka na income

you gotta have something that generates income even if you just stay home and watch TV all day
    I agree.... kaya wag mo pagurin ang sarili mo sa kakatrabaho..... lugi ka pa kapag tinamaan ka ng sakit.....

BTT: AFAIK, my parents rented when I was born... luckily masinop at marunong sila humawak ng pera kaya before ako makapag-aral eh nakabili na kami ng bahay. I still recall yun mga kwento ng mga kamag-anak namin kung paano nagsimula ang mga lolo at lola ko. Nagrerent lang sila sa barung-barong na tagpi-tagpi ang dingding ng karton. Naging ulila ang dad ko at the age of 10 at naranasan niya ang buhay sa squatters area. Ang nanay ko din naman eh nanggaling din sa mahirap na pamilya na may 13 kapatid at sa isang kubo nakatira sa bundok.

Siguro sa ugali na rin ng mga ninuno namin na namana ng mga apo kaya nagsipag-asenso.... ngayon, meron mga lote, bahay, negosyo, bukirin at sasakyan....

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I've been depressed for the past few months because I have to work as an employee for money. It's my dream to be an entrepreneur talaga. I read somewhere that if you 100% depend on your salary for a living then you are not financially secure because ideally we should have passive income or money working for us.
    read rich dad poor dad. its a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

wala ka na income

thats very true. my parents actually do not want me to go to employment. they say a business will always take care of you as long as you take care of it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I need to think of a good business because I don't have enough capital for my dream business. I feel like I made the wrong decision (it still haunts me every single day) because 5 years ago my parents gave me money to buy a new car but I opted to use the money to study and take a break from work. Now that I am working again, I realised that I don't wanna go back to the corporate world anymore and my parents refuse to support me should I quit my job. I should have used the money for business instead.

It's so hard to survive in this world. I don't know how other people my age do it. Most are buying cars and condos. I don't even have my own savings account.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 14th, 2010 at 01:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO sell something of good value that can be your capital. even if you love it so much, its still an "IT".

i love my car but it cant feed me, make money etc. (actually, its a money pit). malapit ko na let go para capital. just brushing up on the details of a good business i have in mind.

edit: sorry OT na ko.
    Last edited by archie123456789; September 14th, 2010 at 01:51 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta lahat ngayon dito nag reply at least middle class, ang mahirap for me is yun squatter type.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrieta View Post
    That's a nice story jimnyeatworld.

When I was a kid I thought we were poor. My playmates used to get better toys and even when the Japanese robots came out I didn't get one and contented myself with stickers. Hehehe.

Anyway, when I got older I realized my neighbors didn't have their priorities straight. They would get new stuff a lot but I didn't know being a kid. My folks actually wanted to instill something in us. We had everything we needed but not everything we wanted. Funny thing is our neighbors who seemed to have the best of everything, were actually tenants in our property.
    thanks man.

yan din sinasabi ng dad ko sa'kin after that humbling incident with his former friend. wag daw ako masyado maggagastos sa mga bagay na hindi naman long term, dapat ang priority ko daw eh yun mga bagay na masasandalan ko sa future. as in sabi ko sa yo, ako ata ang naturuan ng leksyon sa sinapit nya

nun nagtrabaho ako, sabi nya walang kwenta mamasukan, wala daw ako patutunguhan

and so nag-business ako along with my classmates, sabi nya wala daw patutunguhan yan. mag-aaway lang daw kami ng mga kaibigan ko sa pera. and it did, nag-away-away nga kami sa distribution of jobs then sa pera pero kakampi ko yun 2, yun isa i dont talk na since noon.

and so nag-business ako mag-isa, sabi nya wala daw kwenta kung isa lang branch ko. di daw ako bubuhayin nyan

and so I branched out and exponentially increased my net worth in the process. sabi nya madaling maubos yan, wag daw ako masyado mayabang. HELLO! sabi ko sa inyo masisira talaga ulo ko sa tatay ko lalo na kung nakikita ko yun bunso kapatid ko never nag-strive katulad ko

and so i entered the dreaded stage, nag-rebelde ako. in the recent years, instead na i-please ko pa sya, gumastos ako ng gumastos sa sarili ko, bili dito bili dun hanggang napabayaan ko business ko. i closed most of my businesses kasi instead na harapin ko problema, ang ginawa ko ki-nashout ko yun problematic business tapos ginastos ko

ngaun my dad thinks lowly of me than ever. everytime he sees me, he tells me after all these years bakit yan lang ang napundar mo etc.

oh well, i guess the lesson of the story is this, walang lesson pag yumayaman ka. the lessons come-in in bulk pag nagkakan-daleche leche buhay mo ,, so kung mahirap ka or nag-struggle ka ngaun, be on the lookout for the signs. kasi pakiramdam ko ngaun ako yun dad ko noon, tapos dad ko yun friend nya noon.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I wonder how many poor souls will fall as prey...
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I need to think of a good business because I don't have enough capital for my dream business. I feel like I made the wrong decision (it still haunts me every single day) because 5 years ago my parents gave me money to buy a new car but I opted to use the money to study and take a break from work. Now that I am working again, I realised that I don't wanna go back to the corporate world anymore and my parents refuse to support me should I quit my job. I should have used the money for business instead.

It's so hard to survive in this world. I don't know how other people my age do it. Most are buying cars and condos. I don't even have my own savings account.
    people your age are buying cars and condos bec. they are portraying an illusion that they are rich or are basing their purchasing power on what they are earning now.

ganyan din ako noon. and for the love of god, don't follow rich dad, poor dad. yan ang idol ko noon way way back 1997, along with people of my age. if you ask me Kiyosaki is the devil incarnate, i think he indirectly caused the asian financial crisis, the oil crisis, the subprime crisis and the recent global financial crisis na hanggang ngaun hindi ma-solve solve ni Obama.

Pay YOurself first will lead you nowhere, trust me. personally, i think he should be shot for giving us all wrong advice.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Having a business is one thing but having a successful business is another..... Mas mahirap sa panahon ngayon magnegosyo.... masyadong maraming factors ang dapat i-consider para maging successful ang business mo...

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Ipinanganak ka bang mahirap?