Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Or, marry somebody who is rich...

10.9K:lotsocoffee:
    tulad ng BAYAW ko

^^^ I am happy for you and your family, bro.

That is why we should all be forever thankful to our parents for taking us where we are now....

11.0K:dunno:
    Thanks Bro. Kaya hanggang ngayon di pa rin matapos tapos ang pasasalamat ko sa kanila.

Been missing them, it's over 2 years since I was with them. Hopefully by mid-next year matuloy na bakasyon namin, first time nila makita apo nila.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by awing View Post
    Thanks Bro. Kaya hanggang ngayon di pa rin matapos tapos ang pasasalamat ko sa kanila.

Been missing them, it's over 2 years since I was with them. Hopefully by mid-next year matuloy na bakasyon namin, first time nila makita apo nila.

You'd better hurry up bro.,- they're not getting any younger.

That is one of the reasons why we chose to stay here in the Philippines,- for our parents to enjoy being with their grandchildren. I could not consciously deprive them of such enjoyment/fulfillment in their golden years...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    Pero marami rin mga umasenso na akala mo kung sino na ngayon at hindi na marunong kumilala.
    Marami akong kakilalang ganyan....

I just smile wryly at them. Most of the times, they're intimidated... :bwahaha:

Sa akin lang,- if they want to flaunt what they have,- then do it. It's their life they're living....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pinanganak din ako na mahirap , 10 kami original na brothers and sisters , nag ampon pa parents ko ng dalawa . housekeeper ermats at erpat lang kumakayod .

yeah its true determination lang na makaangat sa buhay at huwag din kalilimutan ang tumulong sa mga relatives na nangangailangan talaga .

bisikleta lang ang natatandaan ko na meron kami ,walang wala talaga noon.

ngayon natupad na ang pangarap ko pero trabaho pa rin tayo , nasanay na talaga . there were years na 7days a week ako sa work .

sa ngayon i own an auto repair shop here in Canada with 8 bays fully equipped . and in position to put another one up in philippines in the near future.

hardwork lang and concentrate .

You'd better hurry up bro.,- they're not getting any younger.

That is one of the reasons why we chose to stay here in the Philippines,- for our parents to enjoy being with their grandchildren. I could not consciously deprive them of such enjoyment/fulfillment in their golden years...

Exactly, my thoughts bro. For reaching almost 10 yrs working abroad, I sometimes feel tired na rin. I want to settle down na (but savings are not yet enough).

I just married 2 years ago and have a 1 yr old daughter. My mom keeps on asking me to send their apo to them. It is just 2 of them (parents) living together, both my sibling are settling away from them (province).

It is battle between us(wife) to sacrifice our daughter growing up away from us.

Time will tell....

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ It has been a while. Good luck on your decision bro.

My 2 cents,- do not part with your daughter. Rather, if your parents are still healthy to travel,- why don't you sponsor their visit to your place? It's the next best thing to you visiting them here in the Philippines. Live your life wherever you are.

11.3K:snow:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Sabi nila, pag pinanganak kang mahirap hindi mo kasalanan yun, pero pag namatay kang mahirap, ayan ikaw na ang may kasalanan, binigyan ka nang isang lifetime para baguhin.
    This is very true at this day and age! This generation is lucky because there are so much opportunities to rise out of poverty. You don't even need an education anymore, just go on social media and you'll earn decent money. For example, I'm watching grab/lala drivers that upload their trips, even P10k/mo from views, that's still money! Then there are BPOs. Whoever made the PH attractive for BPOs deserves the forever vote of Filipinos! Pre BPO, you need to be a graduate of the top 3 to get in a good company. BPOs don't discriminate on schools. Then there are the job opportunities abroad pa.

The son of the caretaker of our former neighbor added me on FB and I'm happy to see that they were able to move up from poor to middle class. He works in a call center now. Pre internet and BPO era it was hard to move up social classes, now it's doable. Inabutan ko pa panahon when househelp would stay in one family (ex the father is the driver and when the father retires the son takes the place of the father) Now there's so much new money.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    This is very true at this day and age! This generation is lucky because there are so much opportunities to rise out of poverty. You don't even need an education anymore, just go on social media and you'll earn decent money. For example, I'm watching grab/lala drivers that upload their trips, even P10k/mo from views, that's still money! Then there are BPOs. Whoever made the PH attractive for BPOs deserves the forever vote of Filipinos! Pre BPO, you need to be a graduate of the top 3 to get in a good company. BPOs don't discriminate on schools. Then there are the job opportunities abroad pa.

The son of the caretaker of our former neighbor added me on FB and I'm happy to see that they were able to move up from poor to middle class. He works in a call center now. Pre internet and BPO era it was hard to move up social classes, now it's doable. Inabutan ko pa panahon when househelp would stay in one family (ex the father is the driver and when the father retires the son takes the place of the father) Now there's so much new money.
    Survivorship Bias.

You’re only seeing the successful stories. In each generation, there will always be a success stories of breaking inter-generational poverty. But for every success story, there would be dozens if not hundreds of people who fail to break the cycle.

I’ve been working with entry-level minimum wage folk all my career. I can categorically confirm that only a few ever make it big, the rest have to toil for their entire lives without really moving up.

I also know a lot of people born into comfortable families who haven’t been able to match the wealth their parents had at their age. Some are even broke, or worse, buried in debt. The circle of life goes both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it's easier to go down, than it is to go up.

and yes,
    we see and recognize the exception, ... because they are exceptions.
    we usually sweep the also-rans under the rug of mediocrity.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Ipinanganak ka bang mahirap?