New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    ..would you take it as a compliment or an insult?

This is the dilemma of my college buddy when we met at a party recently. I haven't seen him in a long time so I naturally asked who was he with this time.

Surprisingly, when I did see his girl, she does have striking resemblance to the infamous doctor most especially when she smiles, her poise and even her hair.

Now he gets this comment a lot most especially from the men - some of which, he says, even adds a little joke that she might be more mature than her actual look.

He adds that he normally takes this in stride and is even proud that people take note of her good looks but then, lately, he is becoming annoyed about the unwelcome side comments like the above mentioned.

Now I begin to wonder myself if being her look alike is a blessing or curse.

What do you think?

Last edited by Memphis Raines; January 25th, 2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I would seriously question my taste in women if someone would say she's a double of Belo...but if my friend does have a point I won't take this as an insult...a curse maybe?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    dead ma lang, lots of people had resemblance. it so happen that belo has been the the lime light lately thus the recall aspect is always there. hey, vicky belo look's more of the positive side so i'll be proud having a gf look alike.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    dapat pag meron nagsabi na kamukha ni Dra Belo sabihin niya si dra belo talaga yan, ingit sila

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung mahal mo naman it doesnt matter...pero kung pang porma lang, maghanap hanap na ng mas bata mas mas hot

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Surprisingly, when I did see his girl, she does have striking resemblance to the infamous doctor most especially when she smiles, her poise..
    Do you mean the "petrified look" that is probably the result of her skin being "stretched" once too often? I wouldn't want to be in your friend's shoes.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Langya....."petrified look". He-he! Ano yan, fossil?

Hindi naman siguro. Baka medyo hawig lang sila talaga.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    ^^ Langya....."petrified look". He-he! Ano yan, fossil?

Hindi naman siguro. Baka medyo hawig lang sila talaga.
    :hysterical:

Nah, fortunately she does not have those age marks like the good doctor. She has flawless complexion (she's Chinese).

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'd be insulted because Belo is some years older than my mom (and my mom looks young for her age). hehehe.

But it's understandable. Maybe he's still in the Oedipus complex phase (I think every boy goes through this - I did and got over it when I was around 22).

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If I were the guy I'd be insulted. Vicky Belo doesn't look normal anymore.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
If someone told you that your GF looks like Vicky Belo..