New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My friend is in a real dilemma and I told her that she should be getting advise from men and not SINGLE WOMEN like me Natawa ako sa message niya, I was a serial dater and I am not proud of it, but that doesn't mean I am experienced with men. Normally, I would ask my "constant" men in my life but they are now all gone after almost 20 yrs

Since majority of the members here are men, I think this is the best place to ask. My friend came from a catholic school for girls (Paulinian) and only had a 10+ yr relationship with her first BF tapos wala na after. She signed up for a dating app recently because her goal is to settle down (this is UF all over again) She is a unicorn in the dating app world - dalaga and as normal as one could get (looks, job and family) She is maputi and has a large chest so physically she's a catch

Six weeks ago, she started chatting with a guy and I found the specs unbelievable - late 30s, works for an intl org, true blue Atenean from GS to college, then took a second degree then took MBA with latin honors! WTF diba? The guy is quite near the batch of guys I dated pero dyaje namin mag investigate diba? I didn't even believe the specs at first so I asked my friend for the FB of the guy and we had mutual friends (school checks out) I also suspect that the guy is married since he has not added my friend on FB but then all the photos and comments point to single. So could it be that the guy is also a unicorn in the dating app? Guy has photos all over US, Europe and Asia, so his claim that he has travelled the world for work checks out as well. My friend told me he came from a modest background and was a full scholar so he focused on his career first and all his relationships were short term BUT BUT BUT here are the things that made me duda

1. Late 30s successful single Atenean on a dating app
    2. Took him 3 weeks to make the first call to my friend
    3. Has not asked my friend to meet (or add her on FB)
    4. Only chats through messenger and RARELY makes calls
    5. Not much late night messages

Yung late night calls, that's one of my tests if a guy is truly single e, kasi I have married guy friends, I sometimes chat with until past midnight, like my office buddy pero pag Manila based at hindi ka matawagan ng late night telebabad duda na ko But then his profile looks single

Anyway, my friend said that the guy started calling her babe and she reciprocated naman I told her e I only call someone babe if we are romantic na, at the MINIMUM MU e sila they are just friends. The guy also made a comment na since he is a scholar in Ateneo dapat scholar din magiging anak nila. He also said na family na lang missing in his life. My friend is conservative pala so when he made a green joke, my friend immediately told him that it made her uncomfortable. So I am thinking that the guy is testing how far he could get away with my friend. But if he is truly interested why did it take so long for him to make a call? They don't even know each other's mobile number? I have ZERO experience in dating apps, but is that the norm now?!?!

Prior to this guy, she dated a single Dad OFW who had custody of the daughter. I was so AGAINST this guy dahil dalaga friend ko! Anyway, good thing that the single dad left her for a single Mom (Daig ng malandi ang maganda!) Her first BF naman came from a very modest background and has no career, I also did not approve of that first BF because he had no ambition. I told her if this Atenean guy is the real deal - single and self made, then I approve! Swerte nga magiging BF ng friend ko because she is SUPER sweet, maalaga, motherly. low maintenance and NOT materialistic at all! The mere fact that she went for her BF of 10 yrs even if he had nothing to offer says a lot

So, what's on this guy's mind? Is he playing with my friend lang? Told my friend to give it 3 mos, pag walang progress (meet up) then she could ask him what's his plan ba talaga? But I also told her to entertain other guys pa rin and not focus on the guy too much, don't show him that she fell hard for him na!

HAY!!! So this is what they say that marriage is pag lagay sa tahimik. It is really very hard to be in the dating scene

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    1. he's walang alam sa goils.
    2. he's a hunter and is on the hunt.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a two way street. Ganun din siguro iniisip ng lalake sa friend mo, if she's really a catch pero bakit single pa at nag join pa sa dating app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Its a "dating" app. Guys are gonna look for easier targets for a flings and fun. Though there are exceptions of course.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    1. he's walang alam sa goils.
    2. he's a hunter and is on the hunt.
    that's what we want to find out. I love my friend and it would really break my heart kung maloloko lang siya because she is such a good person. She does NOT deserve it at all.

I find it hard to believe na wala pa rin alam sa girls e he is more than 20 yrs out of HS na. YUng college niya coed naman and he's been working for so long na so a lot of interaction with the opposite s3x.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    It's a two way street. Ganun din siguro iniisip ng lalake sa friend mo, if she's really a catch pero bakit single pa at nag join pa sa dating app.

I have a lot of friends that are a good catch that are still single. Sa office barkada ko pa lang 100% single pa mga CPA, all in their 30s. Yung disenteng babae with no baggage or major flaws - MINIMUM average looks, has good education, job, and family.

In my friend's case, she was with one guy all her life, they broke up after more than 10 yrs and still tried to make things work, it was only last year that she decided that it's over. Since we are against time (biological time clock) and stuck at home, she joined a dating app because her goal is to get married and have children ASAP (this is UF all over again)

Sa lalaki naman, siya ang flirt ng flirt (calling my friend babe) pero hindi nagaalok ng meet up tapos hanggang chat chat lang. What's his excuse bakit hindi pwede before going to sleep kahit 10 mins? Either may ibang kausap, may asawa (I doubt) or he's not too into her?

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Its a "dating" app. Guys are gonna look for easier targets for a flings and fun. Though there are exceptions of course.

That's what I told my friends too kaya I refuse to join a dating app. I do know Tinder is full of married men pretending to be single and just looking for quick s3x. Although in this day and age, it is hard to hide your status kasi if a person says he does not have or refuses to give FB, you get suspicious na. Even the real name you could just google

I just find it weird that a guy with good specs is still single AND on a dating app. I have some guy friends around his age that are still single but being a rarity (older single) they don't need dating apps anymore
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 25th, 2021 at 10:44 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    that's what we want to find out. I love my friend and it would really break my heart kung maloloko lang siya because she is such a good person. She does NOT deserve it at all.

I find it hard to believe na wala pa rin alam sa girls e he is more than 20 yrs out of HS na. YUng college niya coed naman and he's been working for so long na so a lot of interaction with the opposite s3x.
    well,
    we can make the requisite discrete background checks (hire out a magnum, P.I.? heh heh.),
    or we can let the relationship unroll, but with guarded guardedness...

uso pa bah ang group dating?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well,
    we can make the requisite discrete background checks (hire out a magnum, P.I.? heh heh.),
    or we can let the relationship unroll, but with guarded guardedness...

uso pa bah ang group dating?
    may mutual friends naman sa FB. May common friend yung guy and our officemate so my friend asked our officemate to ask the common friend about him, verified naman daw yung work and family BUT the most important question if single hindi tinanong LOL. BUt even if he is single, hindi pa rin malaman if he is playing her Masyado kasi mabait/matino friend ko and she doesn't know how to play games. She is so into him na kasi

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    If the girl mistrusts the guy this early......id stay away (both sides but especially for the guy).

Take it easy and everything at face value.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just go with the flow. People most of the time over think things. They go out on a date and check each other out. If there’s no click between them, just move on.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Dating app ... that already answers the question ... if your friend is such a catch, she wouldn't need dating apps ...

Her friend will not be listening to any advices here since she is desperate ... wanting to get married just because time is running out? ... recipe for disaster ... better to just wait until the right guy comes along ... you can't hurry love ...

Again, dating app ... any boy/girl on a dating app is either game or desperate ...

or you can just take Ellen Adarna's advice ...
    Last edited by Walter; April 25th, 2021 at 12:11 PM.

Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast